Wasn't there a post about this recently?

or maybe it was something similar. I definitely remember seeing a post about nail clippers being confiscated and a gun being allowed on a plane. Anyway, just saw this on FB, and it appears to be a hoax if it's the same story.

Q: Did TSA confiscate nail clippers from a soldier returning on a military charter from Afghanistan, but allow him to keep his military weapon?

A: This tale from an anonymous source is an impossible fabrication. TSA doesn’t list nail clippers as prohibited items, doesn’t screen military charters, and has no access to the Indianapolis terminal in question.

Asked by pam19 at 7:42 PM on Dec. 15, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• What a dork Anon

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 9:59 PM on Dec. 15, 2010

• It was about military flights. The military moves troops on commercial flights. Troops find it humorous that the TSA have to allow the carried on weapons, but will make the soldiers leave nail clippers and the medics leave their scissors. I listened to a veteran of the Iraq War talk about this. He wasn't mad. He was amused by the irony of having to toss nail clippers but he could carry on a rifle.

Answer by jesse123456 at 10:29 PM on Dec. 15, 2010

• pam19

Comment by pam19 (original poster) at 7:43 PM on Dec. 15, 2010

• LOL...I'm not even sure if this one made it to Fox News. I think it was posted on

Comment by pam19 (original poster) at 8:17 PM on Dec. 15, 2010

• Everything I keep finding says it's an urban legend.

Comment by pam19 (original poster) at 8:55 AM on Dec. 16, 2010

• Blame all those paranoid fox news watchers...