For people who live in Pennsylvania or where it's very cold, please help.

My husband works in the oilfield, and was just shipped to Pennsylvania. We are originally from Florida, so its very warm where we are. It is currently snowing now where he is, I believe he is in Mansfield Penn. My question is, is since he is not used to the cold weather, how can he stay warm while working outside for 13 hours in the snow that he is not used to? As of right now, he has on a jogging suit and other clothing as well as his insulators that are provided by his job, which weighs 43 pounds, and he is still freezing. Please help... Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:45 PM on Dec. 15, 2010 in Money & Work

• I'm in PA, I've been here all my life, and to be honest, I have NO CLUE how people are supposed to stay warm in weather like this. Try heated gloves and socks, but even those don't work long.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 7:47 PM on Dec. 15, 2010

• my DH works in the oil field too. He wears under armor under his clothes. You can also get hand/feet warmers to put in his boots and pockets, they usually last about 8 hours.
    saysha100687

Answer by saysha100687 at 7:48 PM on Dec. 15, 2010

• He needs to dress in layers and should ask his coworkers how they manage to stay warm.
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 7:49 PM on Dec. 15, 2010

• Get some overalls that are mad for cold weather like carhart or another brand like it. They will keep him warm and he will get used to it after awhile and it won't be as bad. Long underwear might not be a bad idea too if he's really freezing.
    countrygirl06

Answer by countrygirl06 at 7:49 PM on Dec. 15, 2010

• oh and hand warmers are a good idea too as another post suggested, I live on the plains of CO so I can understand about the cold.
    countrygirl06

Answer by countrygirl06 at 7:50 PM on Dec. 15, 2010

• Poor Hubby :(
    I wish I could tell you something good just keep him in your prayers and I am sure he will do everything in his body to stay warm.
    Soon he will be home cuddling next to you, hope its soon. GL Hang in there.
    Butterfly1108

Answer by Butterfly1108 at 7:54 PM on Dec. 15, 2010

• I'm from Montana, so it gets pretty cold. I would suggest the underarmor, or cotton underneath, bottom layer. Then wool and his cover. He wants to be layered incase it warms up. The warmers are a good idea to.

It will take time, but his body will adjust to working outside.
    tntmom1027

Answer by tntmom1027 at 7:56 PM on Dec. 15, 2010

• Underarmour!! He should also dress in light layers and make sure he has on a hat and socks.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 8:03 PM on Dec. 15, 2010

• layers ---- i am from ohio and my husband wears cotton underwear, long underwear, 'carhart' work pants, 2 undershirts (one short sleeve and one long sleeve) , work shirt (very thick), 'carheart' pants, knee high extra thick socks and another pair on top, steal toed boots and heavy coat (waterproof) also hat which covers ears
    lmt_mom2010

Answer by lmt_mom2010 at 8:09 PM on Dec. 15, 2010

• Layers; wool socks with liners; a fleece or flannel lined knit hat

Answer by rkoloms at 9:31 PM on Dec. 15, 2010