WIC

My friends have been telling me to apply for WIC since I am pregnant. I have never been on public assistance before and when i went online it said I made 8$ too much should I still apply or is that a waste of time? I can use all the help I can get. My SO is 100 miles away and we currently are paying for 2 households. He hasn't found any employement where I live and I haven't found anything that would pay me enough where he lives.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:59 PM on Dec. 15, 2010 in Money & Work

• you can apply, but the income guidelines are set in stone, 8 bucks over is 8 bucks over unfortunately
    peanutsmommy1

Answer by peanutsmommy1 at 8:01 PM on Dec. 15, 2010

• Apply anyway. The guidlines on line are not completely accurate.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 8:02 PM on Dec. 15, 2010

• I would apply if I were you. It would be worth the shot.
    genagina

Answer by genagina at 8:02 PM on Dec. 15, 2010

• Give it a try..that way you can say you did all you could.
    Anonymous

• The WIC guidelines are more flexible than PA and do take into consideration your total bills and transportation costs.
    sweet29mom

Answer by sweet29mom at 8:08 PM on Dec. 15, 2010

• i would apply anyways they really dont care about much you make they usally give it to you anyways.!
    babbykrissy

Answer by babbykrissy at 8:10 PM on Dec. 15, 2010

• Apply. Also make sure you calculated properly. If you get paid bi-weekly it is( P=your bi-weekly pay) P x 26=Yearly \ 12= monthly income
    Anonymous

• I'd apply sometimes the income guidelines are changed and you may qualify. WIC is fairly painless verses oher programs so doesn't hurt to try!
    hill2

Answer by hill2 at 8:13 PM on Dec. 15, 2010

• I would call someone at the local office and ask. It'll all depend on if they are flexible at all with the rules.
    HotMama330

Answer by HotMama330 at 11:53 AM on Dec. 16, 2010

• If you need it, I would apply. The worst that will happen is they turn it down.
    geminilove

Answer by geminilove at 5:58 PM on Dec. 16, 2010