kinda icky, but...

anyone here experienced yeast infections during pregnancy? not sure if i have one, but there was quite alot more discharge than normal today. if so, are they dangerous to the baby? is it something i should notify the doctor of? there isnt a bad smell or pain, its just the discharge factor-any adice?!

dez1379

Asked by dez1379 at 8:04 PM on Dec. 15, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I would go to your Dr so that he can give you what he recommends is safe for the baby and to ensure that it is a yeast infection and a different type that would need a different cream/pill to clear it up. Good luck
    genagina

Answer by genagina at 8:05 PM on Dec. 15, 2010

• A lot of discharge can be normal in pregnancy . I don't remember what it's called.... but it's whitish and milky looking. If it was a yeast infection which is also common you would know! You would be itching like crazy. Neither is a concern for the baby but I would check with your OB before choosing a treatment if it is yeast.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 8:06 PM on Dec. 15, 2010

• I am 32 weeks and I have had a lot of discharge so far. It's your body's way of keeping bacteria out of your vagina. If it starts itching, I would go to the doctors.
    Kelli1012

Answer by Kelli1012 at 12:05 AM on Dec. 16, 2010