Anyone have success marriages after someone in the relationship strayed due to other problems?

I've never been cheated on in serious relationships, and now am married and have never experienced it.. I only remember getting "cheated on" in high school... Im constantly hearing/see'ing other relationships where people stray lately.. but does anyone have any success in their relationship after it happens? I've always wondered that.. im used to see'ing marriages fail, so just curious!

mohme2three

Asked by mohme2three at 8:13 PM on Dec. 15, 2010 in Relationships

• My better became much better after infidelity (a one night stand many years ago).

However, I'm not someone who claims that their marriage was just fine, then bamm it was ruined. My marriage was ruined before my husband's one night stand happened. Don't get me wrong, it damn sure didn't help matters any, but it was not the "ruin" of our marriage. It was however a severe wake up call 2 both of us in regards to just how bad our marriage had become. Our marriage got better because we learned how to communicate (which we did not do at all before) and we put a lot of effort into completely rebuilding our marriage from the ground up. We learned all the things that honestly, we should have known before marriage: how to communicate affectly, understanding the differences in how we share/display our feelings, not taking each other for granted and many other things. We were able to rebuild because we BOTH wanted to.
    pixie_trix

Answer by pixie_trix at 8:29 PM on Dec. 15, 2010

• oops..

:" My marriage became much better".
    pixie_trix

Answer by pixie_trix at 8:30 PM on Dec. 15, 2010

• My husband cheated before we were married,(one night stand) we weren't even thinking about marriage...hell we weren't even together that long. We didn't have kids yet either, and it was a long distance relationship. I think it really put things in perspective for him, and made him want to commit. And not to kiss my ass or get out of the dog house either. It's been seven years and I trust my husband completley. He doesn't go out, unless we do(rarely). He loves his kids, and wouldn't have it any other way. I am not mad, resentful or fearful.
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 8:52 PM on Dec. 15, 2010

• Yes, with time, it has become much stronger. Like a PP said though, our marriage was going downhill...fast, before DH cheated. It was a drunken one night stand(later found out that it was exactly what the woman, a former BFF of mine, intended to happen). No, that does not excuse his behavior at all, but there were other circumstances that lead up to that. It took alot of talking, alot of counsling, and alot of time for us to get to this point. It has almost been 4 years and I can say that I trust him again, 100%. He has completly changed, and so have I. I had faith in our marriage and I stayed. I am so thankful I did.
    RheaF

Answer by RheaF at 9:19 PM on Dec. 15, 2010

• We ended up divorced for 5 years but got remarried because we knew how much we loved each other. He was military and i wasnt used to living that way. We were both young and he was grieving his mothers death.
    We were both in bad relationships while divorced but there came a time when we were both single again and started talking and here we are today.....Weve been married 5 years this round and our daughter is 14.
    Sandyr911

Answer by Sandyr911 at 10:59 PM on Dec. 15, 2010

• Yes my husband cheated on me before we actually got married but it wasnt much to brake off our relationship he cheated with this female just talking to her through emails he never phyically saw her in person or talked to her on the phone but i can say our marriage and trust for each other became stronger and made our marriage way better than before :)
    alexia_09

Answer by alexia_09 at 12:02 AM on Dec. 16, 2010

• I am wondering the same thing right now. I just found out Monday my husband of almost 10 years has been cheating on me. I knew we were having problems but I never ever in a million years would I have ever thought he would do this. It was a girl from work who is much younger and he was also apparently high when he did it. (Seems his been hiding alot.) I also didn't think that we were having problems until about the time this started. He said he wasn't happy with his life but that it wasn't me. I really don't get that. I do believe he loves me still, and amazingly I still love him just as much, I am just in total shock that if he loved me so much how could he do this. We are trying to work it out and I really hope it works. I always thought if he cheated that would be it, but then again I never thought he would either.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:55 AM on Dec. 16, 2010

• First of all...listen and listen carefully...MEN DON'T CHEAT BECAUSE OF PROBLEMS IN THEIR MARRIAGE/RELATIONSHIP, THEY CHEAT BECAUSE OF THE CONQUEST AND BECAUSE THEY ARE SELF-CENTERED, SELFISH ASSHOLES THAT THINK THEY WON'T GET CAUGHT...PERIOD!!!!! And no, relationships do not get better after an infidelity. The only women that can say this are the ones that have convinced themselves that the infidelity was somehow their fault, it wasn't or the ones who refuse to believe that their SO did it because he honestly doesn't give a shit about them or their wellbeing. Again, it is impossible to move on from a situation where you can't get the image of your SO humping, griding and grunting "I'm cumming" in another womens ear. Also, what about him lapping up some cum dumpster c*nt and then coming home and kissing you...yeah...that image is going to go away real soon...NOT!!!!
    ShouldHaveLeft

Answer by ShouldHaveLeft at 9:34 AM on Dec. 16, 2010

• Well congrats to all of you who shared your stories... glad it worked out for the best in your situations! I was just curious, and it was good to hear some positive things for once! xo
    mohme2three

Comment by mohme2three (original poster) at 10:56 AM on Dec. 16, 2010

• So long as your husband is happy in your marriage, there's no reason for him to stray.
    _Tam_

Answer by _Tam_ at 7:35 PM on Dec. 25, 2010