Hmmm... my WIC reveiw is coming but....

My review is next month but here is my problem. My DH is in sales so his 2 most recent pay checks at the time will reflect an inaccurate picture of what we make. With Holiday shoppers he is making literally double his pay check for about a month. Then his commissions will go back to normal. How is this going to work? Get denied then go back once his checks return to there normal lousy selves. lol. I mena I will call them tomorrow I just wondered what you think. It just so happens one of the checks we will have to turn in will be big.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:20 PM on Dec. 15, 2010 in Money & Work

• In my experience they cut me off for that month and re enstated it when I brought in new proof of income. HOWEVER the guidelines for WIC are very high!! You could be right within the windows. The amount allowed is higher than food stamps and cash aid. You could be fine.
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 8:45 PM on Dec. 15, 2010

• you might want to take in a couple of checks from before the Christmas rush and explain your situation.
    rebeccadac

Answer by rebeccadac at 8:23 PM on Dec. 15, 2010

• Ditto.
    xv35ballx

Answer by xv35ballx at 8:26 PM on Dec. 15, 2010

• The fact that its seasonal can be taken into consideration, take in other paystubs as well, so they can get an average.
    sweet29mom

Answer by sweet29mom at 8:26 PM on Dec. 15, 2010

• not sure if you have government insurance but in some states if you qualify for that then you automatically qualify for WIC they just want to see the insurance card
    r_trent

Answer by r_trent at 8:31 PM on Dec. 15, 2010

• i had the same problem and i did what the other ladies said and brought pay stubs reflecting a normal trend and a letter from my boss and i lost my benefits for a month but then resumed them when things went back to normal. unfortunatly, most of the time those of us recieving assistance arent expected to ever get ahead. i feel like they want me stay stagnant! good luck!
    dez1379

Answer by dez1379 at 8:30 PM on Dec. 15, 2010

• I would just wait till his checks are back to normal since you know they will deny you .
    hill2

Answer by hill2 at 8:46 PM on Dec. 15, 2010

• OK Listen if you get county help with medical then all you do is show the medical card thats it...if not then bring his lowest earning check and if its within 3 months they have to accept it
    Mrs.Norris

Answer by Mrs.Norris at 3:41 AM on Dec. 16, 2010

• Can you take a copy of last year's tax return to prove that while he might make a lot this month, it's merely seasonal?
    HotMama330

Answer by HotMama330 at 11:49 AM on Dec. 16, 2010

• Yes he is at an appliance/Electronics store. 100% commission so his check is typically about the same sometimes lower. During From Thanksgiving to Christmas it goes way up before dropping to next to nothing in Jan-March or so.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 12:46 PM on Dec. 16, 2010