Feeling different types of baby movements

Sometimes I feel little bubbles or flutters, sometimes I feel definite kicks or punches, sometimes it's just like a little pain, and sometimes it feels like pressure but not a kick. Is all this normal?

icb1990

Asked by icb1990 at 8:39 PM on Dec. 15, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Very normal, you start to worry when you do not feel a thing.

Answer by older at 8:40 PM on Dec. 15, 2010

• im 17 weeks and still just feel definate flutters but not real big kicks-my doc says you dont feel a ton of real movement until well into the 5th or 6 th months...and as older said-dont worry till you feel nothing at all. if you are still within the first 5 months what you are feeling is totally normal. if you are far in your pregnancy start doing kick counts and talk to your doctor
    dez1379

Answer by dez1379 at 8:49 PM on Dec. 15, 2010

• Yep. normal. Wait for my favorite, the slide.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 8:51 PM on Dec. 15, 2010

• hey 2autistics mom--i gotta know, whats the slide? it sounds scary, lol
    dez1379

Answer by dez1379 at 9:05 PM on Dec. 15, 2010

• Yep that's normal
    Sillieguze

Answer by Sillieguze at 9:30 PM on Dec. 15, 2010

• oh yes its very normal! :) wait for the real hug ones and when the baby moves from right to left almost as if its lying on your stomach. Thats uncomfortable to me though!
    courtneycra

Answer by courtneycra at 10:11 PM on Dec. 15, 2010

• how far along are you?
    MarvelousMama

Answer by MarvelousMama at 11:31 PM on Dec. 15, 2010

• I think the term "kick" doesn't necessarily mean the baby is actually kicking. The" bubbles and flutters" you are describing sound very much like movement. That is the best way I could describe the movement of each of my boys. Their movements didn't get stronger of course until I was farther along in my pregnancy.
    txsgal

Answer by txsgal at 9:21 AM on Dec. 16, 2010

• I'm 23 weeks
    icb1990

Comment by icb1990 (original poster) at 5:13 PM on Dec. 16, 2010