Why is my 7 year old losing her eyelashes?

Recently I noticed that my 7 year old daughter has started to lose her eyelashes on her left eye only.Does anyone know what may be causing this.I also asked her and she has not been puling them out.Sorry I accidentally closed the question.

Asked by fryshannon34 at 8:47 PM on Dec. 15, 2010 in Kids' Health

• I just asked this question and I closed on accident.To the lady that asked if she was rubbing her eye she hasnt been and to the other lady I am going to make a Dr. appointment thank you.I was going to try giving daily vitamins from now on also

Comment by fryshannon34 (original poster) at 8:48 PM on Dec. 15, 2010

• Look into Juice Plus. Whole food based nutraceuticals that come in a capsule or gummy.

17 different fruits and veggies that are convenient and affordable.
    Feel free to contact me to find out how kids ages 4-18 can get Juice Plus for free.

Answer by wellnessgirl at 1:29 PM on Dec. 16, 2010

• It could be any number of things.

Answer by cleanaturalady at 5:35 PM on Dec. 16, 2010

• I would talk to the dr. It could be some kind of skin condition or something.

Answer by KTMOM at 8:20 PM on Dec. 16, 2010

• This happened to my daughter when she was 9. When she was 8, half the hair in her head fell out. We went to the dermatologist, endocrinologist, pediatrician, allergist, you name it. They said it's alopecia (unexplained hair loss, gee thanks). Her thyroid was also off, so we fixed that, and her hair grew back in. Then, her eyelashes fell out, and part of her eye brows. Again, they don't know why. There is no known trigger and no cure. They eventually grow back in, maybe. Take your girl to the doctor and make sure everything is OK and read up on alopecia. It's frustrating, but as they say, Knowledge is Power. GL.

Answer by Pnukey at 9:42 PM on Dec. 16, 2010

• I'd talk to her doctor.

Answer by PhilsBabyMama at 11:26 AM on Dec. 17, 2010

• i'd ask the dr... it could be nothing, it could be a lot of things...

Answer by asil at 6:35 PM on Dec. 21, 2010