Police

Do you tell your children if they're bad, you'll call the police on them or the police will get them?

genagina

Asked by genagina at 8:52 PM on Dec. 15, 2010 in General Parenting

• No, I use Santa!
    BluDog

Answer by BluDog at 9:17 PM on Dec. 15, 2010

• NO!!! I want my children to be able to trust the police and go to them when they need help, not be afraid of them because I lie to them about the police coming for them because they misbehave.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 9:11 PM on Dec. 15, 2010

• No. I tell my son the police keep him safe. What if he were to need help one day and was scared?
    mommytoJames512

Answer by mommytoJames512 at 8:54 PM on Dec. 15, 2010

• No, but i jokingly said the police will come if he touches his weiner in public! lol
    Anonymous

• No!
    Hazelnutkin

Answer by Hazelnutkin at 8:54 PM on Dec. 15, 2010

• no never agree with mommyto.james
    angelbaby1323

Answer by angelbaby1323 at 8:56 PM on Dec. 15, 2010

• @mommytoJames512 I never tell my child this. I have family on the PD and myself have been a dispatcher for 8 years. I just can't stand to hear ppl tell their kids that.
    genagina

Comment by genagina (original poster) at 8:56 PM on Dec. 15, 2010

• No I have never told them that for that reason. I have told my son that if he keeps misbehaving and being rude and mean I would call them and they would come and talk to him.
    ready4baby2011

Answer by ready4baby2011 at 8:57 PM on Dec. 15, 2010

• When my daughter was 3, we were walking on the campus of UNLV. The campus police rolled up on the sidewalk in their patrol car and I said, "OMG the police are here for you! Run and hide!" She started running, but then quickly stopped and realized I was just kidding. It was hilarious then and is still hilarious when I think about it. (She's 20 now) :)
    TLALONDE16

Answer by TLALONDE16 at 8:57 PM on Dec. 15, 2010

• No, but we have told him that when he is older and he exhibits bad behavior that they will take him to jail. Since his dad works at the jail, he wants to be a police officer, and he knows that he has to have good behavior to be a police officer, so this usually changes any bad behavior that he is exhibiting.

JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 8:58 PM on Dec. 15, 2010