Military Wives.....How long does it usually take to hear from your husband after he deploys?

My friend's husband just left for his first deployment about 1.5 weeks ago and she's beside herself with worry.

I'm just trying to find out what the average time is so I can reassure her.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:09 PM on Dec. 15, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• 1st deployment to Bosnia, I got an e-mail about 3 weeks after he had been deployed.

2nd deployment to Iraq, it was about a month and1 week. The only reason I got to talk to him that soon was because there was a rumor going around that I was pregnant so his commander gave him permission to call me to see if I was. He basically knew he was going to be a daddy before I even told him.

3rd deployment to Iraq, we got to talk about 2 weeks after he left. He was still in Kuwait at that point though. The next time after that was about 2 more weeks once he was in Iraq and settled in.

As you can see, it really varies. It is going to depend on his MOS, his unit, and where he is deployed to, and what FOB he is on.

JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 9:16 PM on Dec. 15, 2010

• dh got to talk to me about a week and a half after he left for Iraq.
    sweetpea1217

Answer by sweetpea1217 at 9:23 PM on Dec. 15, 2010

• like PP said, it really depends on where he is and what he is doing....if he is headed to a base it may be sooner than if he is out in the field. The first time my hubby deployed I heard from him a few days later when they stopped over in another coutry before heading to their base and then didnt hear from him again for about 2 weeks and he was at a base not in the field.
    "No news is good news" if something happens to him his unit will contact her....so as long as she isnt hearing anything she should try not to worry and try to keep her mind on other things as hard as it might be.
    foxracing43701

Answer by foxracing43701 at 9:38 PM on Dec. 15, 2010

• took me a month to be able to call home from baghdad cause the lines were messed up.
    usdragonflies

Answer by usdragonflies at 10:00 PM on Dec. 15, 2010

• Like the above have stated~ it Depends.... Anywhere from a few days to a few weeks...
    grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 10:08 PM on Dec. 15, 2010

• Thanks
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 10:14 PM on Dec. 15, 2010