What gift of words would you like to give to Cafemom's wifes,moms. and SO's?

Here is your chance to pass on something encouraging/uplifting/ something you wish someone had shared with you in your walk of life and with your family....Plz keep it clean. Tk u

Prayerpartner

Asked by Prayerpartner at 9:11 PM on Dec. 15, 2010 in General Parenting

• Pick those battles some are just not worth the fight, compromise, flexibility, and spread your love in everything you do, everything will benefit from doing that, including your food!

Answer by older at 9:14 PM on Dec. 15, 2010

• NO parent is perfect, it is ok to make mistakes as long as you learn from the mistakes. You are not your chid's friend, you are the parent. It is ok to say NO to your child, it will not damage them. You are the parent and can make the parenting decisions that you want so don't worry about what anyone else thinks of your parenting decisions.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 9:14 PM on Dec. 15, 2010

• well, I guess I would like to say, expect the unexpected. Nothing comes out like you would want it to nor how you plan. Keep things flexible, especially plans concerning the holidays. If I had known how hard it would be to breastfeed my children around my grandmother before doing so (I got no support from her at all) I would have pumped while around her so that I wouldn't have to hear her incouraging words. Don't take junk off of anyone, even on here, do what you think is right for your child, even if others tell you that you are crazy, and follow your heart on all things.
    momnstepmom

Answer by momnstepmom at 9:16 PM on Dec. 15, 2010

• Make every second of every day count. Appreciate all, who are part of your life, but be sure to take the time to appreciate and love yourself first. You are important to someone!! Surround yourself with positive energy and be happy, laughter & happiness are good for your health as well as those around you!
    Kathy675

Answer by Kathy675 at 9:17 PM on Dec. 15, 2010

• Put your children first, and always follow your instincts and do what YOU feel is best for them. Love and appreciate them every second you get. Do all that, and you're bound to be a great mommy. :)
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 9:44 PM on Dec. 15, 2010

• Take chances and live in the now... someday, your children will be grown and you cannot remake those memories.
    HistoryMamaX3

Answer by HistoryMamaX3 at 10:25 PM on Dec. 15, 2010

• That I'm glad you guys are out there. Thanks!
    BeachMom81

Answer by BeachMom81 at 6:01 AM on Dec. 16, 2010