Do you have a sibling that you do not associate with?

If so why not?

Was it you cutting them off or them cutting you off?
Did you deserve it?

dancinintherain

Asked by dancinintherain at 9:23 PM on Dec. 15, 2010 in Relationships

• My oldest brother, we just don't have anything in common or anything to talk about. He chose his girlfriend over helping out, visiting or speaking to our family, so I just let the relationship wither. I don't have time to try to make someone want a relationship. I will see him/them at Christmas, and it just will be casual if awkward chit chat. I don't hate him, I just don't have much to say.
    Bubbie0809

Answer by Bubbie0809 at 11:27 PM on Dec. 15, 2010

• Yes 3 brothers and a sister...Apparently since I'm not an alcoholic, drug user or was never pg. before I married my husband 27 yrs ago, I'm to good for the family. According to them and my parents. And it's okay...I had alot of hurt and felt displaced for a long time, but I have an awesome husband & 2 sons that make me very happy!
    Kathy675

Answer by Kathy675 at 9:34 PM on Dec. 15, 2010

• Yes. He molested me as a child. I do not want him near my children.
    tiddliwinks

Answer by tiddliwinks at 9:25 PM on Dec. 15, 2010

• I do. My brother has some major issues. He always blames it on everyone else and our whole family and he won't come around for a year at a time saying it's bc/ we judge him. We're always in the same place, he moves around. I always have the same #, he doesn't. It drive me crazy how he blames everyone else for his problems.
    genagina

Answer by genagina at 9:26 PM on Dec. 15, 2010

• Yes I do. I have a brother who becomes physically violent if you disagree with him on anything. Even if you have a different favorite color. I cut him off after the last time he became physically violent with me.
    bseastrand

Answer by bseastrand at 9:26 PM on Dec. 15, 2010

• Yes, a brother. I never met him. He is my dad's son. He has attempted contact but I will have nothing to do with him. He is on and off crack. Been in and out of jail, and robbed my dad blind for drug $$. Been shot, stabbed, and in trouble with gangs. I will not allow him in my life, even if he "saw the light". It's too dangerous and you never know.
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 9:26 PM on Dec. 15, 2010

• Yes and a mother...They are both unstable and not good influences in my life. My mom has done alot of crap to me.
    hill2

Answer by hill2 at 9:30 PM on Dec. 15, 2010

• i don't really associate with my sister anymore unless i have to (around holidays or if she just happens to be at my moms)..she is self absorbed and doesnt care about anyone..it really makes me sick. She only calls me if she needs something. So i made the choice not to talk to her. If she ever decides to do something for herself (and by that..i mean for her kids..then maybe we can have a sisterly relationship again) ..and i do not associate with any of my step siblings at all anymore only because i quit talking to my dad. My dad wants nothing to do with me and he plays such a big part in their life and it hurts me too much to talk to them so i had to do it for me.
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 9:30 PM on Dec. 15, 2010

• I have one sibling that I don't talk to anymore because she waited until her husband was at work before she called anyone to take her children away from her, and it wasn't even a family member, but child protective services. She told them that she couldn't handle her kids anymore and that if they didn't come to take the kids away then something was going to happen to them. I can't fathom giving my kids up, and she has done everything she can to prevent the courts from letting her have her kids back. To me, if she refuses to put in the effort to see her kids then she isn't worth my time. I have 5 kids myself, and not once have I ever wished that any one of them weren't around me. I love my kids to the point that I would move heaven and earth to keep them with me at all time. Because of my sister my father refuses to talk to me either. She has broken up the family.
    momnstepmom

Answer by momnstepmom at 9:31 PM on Dec. 15, 2010

• Yes. I have 2 I don't know how to get a hold of, my "dad" (for lack of a better word) gave up custody years and years ago and I wouldn't have a clue where to look - or even what their names are.

I have 2 more that I don't have contact with because I don't want their mother or my "dad" to be a part of my life or my families lives and they are too young to have contact with without involving the parents.

I have another which I have only met once & talk to very very very occasionally (maybe once or twice a year) online.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 9:33 PM on Dec. 15, 2010