Preschool

Did your child go to preschool? If so, one or 2 years?

genagina

Asked by genagina at 9:27 PM on Dec. 15, 2010 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• My daughter will be going to preschool next year then Kindergarten.
    proudmommy690

Answer by proudmommy690 at 9:28 PM on Dec. 15, 2010

• He went for 3 years because of his birthday. He did a 3 year old preschool, 4 year old preschool, and then did Pre-K when he was about to turn 5.

JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 9:29 PM on Dec. 15, 2010

• My dd is 4 (Oct. bday) and no preschool yet...
    Next year when all her friends are going to K she can go to PreK... Its so upsetting though cause my dd seems much older than the kids in her church class :-( so its frustrating because i feel like it could actually hold her behind. She knows just as much/more of the kids that will be going to school a year before her.
    MommaTasha1003

Answer by MommaTasha1003 at 10:00 PM on Dec. 15, 2010

• Yes, I believe he was 2. He was having trouble talking. Had an awesome teacher who taught me a lot. Especially to let him talk instead of catering to his pointing finger and grunt.
    MommabearGrr

Answer by MommabearGrr at 9:31 PM on Dec. 15, 2010

• My son went to preschool for 1 year. After preschool he went to kindergarten.
    Snewo

Answer by Snewo at 9:32 PM on Dec. 15, 2010

• My son turned 3 in October. He's not in preschool now. He's going to go next year and the year after.
    Sillieguze

Answer by Sillieguze at 9:32 PM on Dec. 15, 2010

• My first son went to nursery school at a cooperative nursery run by Cornell students. It was only two days a week. My second son went to a funded preschool for one year. My third son went to the same preschool for two years and a pre-k program for one year. My daughter went to Mothers day out for two days a week for one year and to preschool for two years. My granddaughter is in her second year of preschool the first was three half a days, this year she goes five half days and next year she will go five half days.
    Preschool is becoming essential for the kids to be socially and academically ready for kindergarten. My other granddaughter is in kindergarten and she is reading books. She went into kindergarten knowing dozens of sight words.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 9:35 PM on Dec. 15, 2010

• There is no Pre-K available where I live anymore because of budget cuts. I would have sent my 4 yr old just to be around other kids his age. Its a good thing he can already spell his name and many other words. He can read some, but I still wish he could get used being around kids younger than his brothers.
    sweet29mom

Answer by sweet29mom at 9:35 PM on Dec. 15, 2010

• I have 3 children. My oldest went for 1 year and my younger 2 went for 2 years.
    cornflakegirl3

Answer by cornflakegirl3 at 10:01 PM on Dec. 15, 2010

• My children go to an educational daycare which prepares them for school (like preschool but without the backing of the school system). But because my bio-children (I have 5 kids total, 2 steps and 3 bios), not the baby but my older 2, are speech delayed due to being hearing impaired during critical language developmental months, they are going to be put in pre-k before starting school to ensure that they are able to get their speech therapy (which ends at age 5 and both turn 5 in the middle of the school year) so that they don't fall behind when they are in kindergarden. And if you can understand that then you're doing better than me since I'm so tired right now I don't know if I would even understand me! LOL!!!
    momnstepmom

Answer by momnstepmom at 10:18 PM on Dec. 15, 2010