how do you know if your in labor or baby's just kicking an odd place

i've had pretty bad back pain since about noon yesterday, and last night it felt like light cramping in the pelvic area, and then it would feel like the baby kicked but it didn't (if that makes sense)

ittybittyme710

Asked by ittybittyme710 at 12:37 PM on Jul. 6, 2008 in Pregnancy

• Do you feel like you have to go number 2? Trust me, you will know when you are in labor. A lot of the times, the pain starts out slow, and within a few minutes, the pain can and will get intense. If you can start calculating the time when you first start having the pain, and from the time it stops and starts again. You may want to call your doctor.
    36andpergnant

Answer by 36andpergnant at 12:40 PM on Jul. 6, 2008

• I've had similar-sounding situations. What my nurse has told me to do each time is drink a large glass of water, then lie down on your left side for an hour. If, when you get up, the pains come back, give your doctor a call. However, if you're really nervous, just call. I always hesistated to call with things like that, but it would've gotten better SO much faster, because it would've been off my mind and the stress would be gone. When it comes to pregnancy, I don't think you can really be too careful. Good luck! :)
    KatieCrandall

Answer by KatieCrandall at 4:39 PM on Jul. 6, 2008