How do i get my 2 almost 3 month old daughter to sleep all night?

my daughter is almost 3 months and i was wondering when do they start sleeping threw out the night or what can i do to make her sleep all night some times am up for days with her because she refuses to go to sleep i tried everything from switching her bottles from 4 oz to 8 oz's and putting cereal in her bottle too what i have realized she is eating alot at a time any more and am worried if i feed her to much i don't want her to gain to much weight you know, what should i do

Lexiez_Mommy

Asked by Lexiez_Mommy at 11:29 PM on Nov. 7, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• My son didnt stop wanting a bottle at all at night untill he was about 6 mo. Cereal in the bottle doesn't make them anymore full read up on it a little bit, or ask around. Alot of mother's, including myself, saw no improvement in sleep times after doinga bottel with cereal. My son also kept up with 3 oz every 2 hours up untill 3 mo. So just waiting is all you can do. Give her a few months and she will figure things out. Just try to slep when she passes out here and there
    Kayere

Answer by Kayere at 11:33 PM on Nov. 7, 2008

• I think that's pretty young to expect her to sleep through the night, although a lot of babies do it. My son, however, is still waking me up multiple times through the night at 9+months old.
    heather.huckaby

Answer by heather.huckaby at 11:33 PM on Nov. 7, 2008

• If your baby isn't a sleeper, then she isn't a sleeper. Mine are in their teens and still wake at night sometimes.

Don't worry about the baby's weight unless your pediatrician worries about the weight. Babies go through growth spurts. A baby will eat like a horse and nonstop right before a growth spurt. They even get pudgy feet (called Flintstone feet) when they put on weight and bones get thick right before a growth spurt.
    LeftBrainy

Answer by LeftBrainy at 11:35 PM on Nov. 7, 2008

• She might just not be ready to do so yet. Babies aren't known for being good sleepers, and parents with babies who DO sleep through the night this early should feel very blessed (my guy tricked me and did it for a week or two but now wakes up at least twice for a feeding). I wouldn't make any changes to her diet in hopes of getting her to sleep through the night. That may even have an adverse affect and upset her stomach, causing her to be more restless than she otherwise would.
    KatieCrandall

Answer by KatieCrandall at 11:49 PM on Nov. 7, 2008

• Unless she is spitting up a LOT, you don't have to worry about overfeeding her. She needs as much formula as she wants, no less. Like LeftBrainy said, she could be going through a growth spurt and that's why she needs the extra formula. Cereal in the bottle is a really bad idea unless the doctor suggested it for a medical reason (reflux usually). It's empty, no nutrition at all. It's like a wasted meal, filling her up with nothing when she needs the nutrients from the formula.

cont...
    SamanthaAgain

Answer by SamanthaAgain at 12:18 AM on Nov. 8, 2008

• ...cont

As for your main question, every baby is different just like every adult is different. I was blessed with a baby who loves to sleep through the night. He sometimes wakes up for a diaper change, but that's it. What I did was right from the start I set up a routine. Every night when he starts acting like he's sleepy (he pulls his hands over his eyes) I give him a bath. Then I rub him down with lotion and his eczema cream for his cheeks, if his cradle cap is acting up I treat that too. Then I put on his diaper and pajamas. Then we walk around his room and turn on his nightlight, his monitor, and his music. Then I lay him down and read a short book, turn out the light, give him his binky, and kiss him goodnight. He's generally asleep within minutes.
    SamanthaAgain

Answer by SamanthaAgain at 12:21 AM on Nov. 8, 2008

• Check out "The No Cry Sleep Solution." But understand thaty they're not programmed to sleep more than a couple of hours at a time.

Answer by gdiamante at 12:22 AM on Nov. 8, 2008

• Lol mine never slept threw the whole night until way later. Good luck with that one. And they were on special formula because they had acid reflux and it had tons of ceral in it. I think it may be to early for you to expect that. but what wonderful thoughtful wishes, I know I had them. Then when they do sleep threw the first night, you will wake up in the middle of the night thinking something is wrong. I was checking my babys breathe lol
    MommaKee

Answer by MommaKee at 6:07 AM on Nov. 8, 2008

• Welcome to motherhood!!! Sleep is for children and those without children. You are in for a long haul if you don't realize that babies do NOT sleep through the night for awhile. Also when books and others speak of a child sleeping through the night they are speaking of a FIVE HOUR increment. Trying to force a child to sleep through the night, especially when they physically NEED to be fed, can be very harmful for the child (not to mention the problems, lifelong and immediate, that can be caused by early introduction of solids). Realize that this is the way it is going to be for a little bit. Sleep will come just not for awhile.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:43 AM on Nov. 8, 2008

• my dd is 5 months and is still waking up 2-3 times a night....they do it when they want to..welcome to motherhood and the non sleep nights
    kaylajean86

Answer by kaylajean86 at 9:57 AM on Nov. 8, 2008