Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

3 Bumps

To report a family member for suspected molestation??? adult content

We have a family member who we believe is a child molester. He is now 18 but he has been acting like one for as long as we can remember. I have no PROOF, but here are my suspicions:
1. He is obsessed with children, he won't leave them alone, always touching them, hugging, kissing (even on the mouth), and bouncing them on lap. When he is told to leave them alone he get very angry, and he stalks them with his eyes.
2. He talks to children online and he tried to meet an 8 year old from online in real life. He was VERY angry when he wasn't allowed to.
3. He has flashed his penis to his sister and half sister. When he got in trouble for it, he blamed them "they wanted to see it"
4. His dad's girlfriend has a toddler who lives with him. He admits to changing her diaper and bathing her. Though he swears he has never touched her "inappropriately"
5. People who don't know about the situation have come to us saying that he acts inappropriately with their children and makes them uncomfortable. (Following their children to the bathroom, trying to hold their children)
6. He wears diapers for sexual pleasure and goes to the bathroom in them.
7. He has touched my breasts "on accident" every time he hugs me.

***We will never see him again, but . . .

should I call the police? I have no PROOF

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 9:47 PM on Dec. 15, 2010 in General Parenting

Answers (11)
  • Call the police and tell them everything you just told us. It's your job to report what you suspect it's the job of the police and d a to prove it.

    Answer by bseastrand at 9:49 PM on Dec. 15, 2010

  • So why haven't these people reported him immediatley? Those are plenty of reasons. But if they aren't addressed when they happen the police can do nothing. If people are coming to you saying stuff, maybe you should tell them to call.

    Answer by Musicmom80 at 9:50 PM on Dec. 15, 2010

  • CALL THE POLICE and have is ass investigated. Tell them EVERYTHING you have stated here.

    Answer by ready4baby2011 at 9:51 PM on Dec. 15, 2010

  • I would send a notice to CPS. I believe you can do it online with your local office

    Answer by Mrs.Faith at 9:54 PM on Dec. 15, 2010

  • Omg!Just the thought of someone out there doing these things is scary! I agree...go to the police. Do all that you can. You might end up saving a potential victim.

    Answer by Kaye924 at 9:54 PM on Dec. 15, 2010

  • I don't know!!! It's a very serious charge to make - you don't want to punish an innocent person, but you also don't want to let a creep go unwatched. This seems like a question for a professional. Maybe ask your pediatrician for advice?

    If you've known him for a while, is there a reason you are thinking of reporting this now? Has anything ever been done before?

    Answer by Sebbiemama at 9:58 PM on Dec. 15, 2010

  • "If you've known him for a while, is there a reason you are thinking of reporting this now? Has anything ever been done before?"

    This has been going on for a while. My priority at first was to just protect my kids. I was vilified by the whole family for suggesting such a thing to begin with. But now that the family has seen how he is with his dad's girlfriends daughter they all agree with me. Now that there is another child involved, in a live in situation, I feel very compelled to help her (if she needs help).

    Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 10:01 PM on Dec. 15, 2010

  • Everyone else believes he IS a child molester, BUT they want to protect him and get him counseling. I would be more open to consider that, IF they took it seriously enough to remove the little girl from their home while he was "getting help"

    Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 10:02 PM on Dec. 15, 2010

  • If you "think" than he "is" there is so much "proof" u have already i work with kids like this and im telling you if you THINK something is wrong than YOU KNOW something is WRONG u cant trust maybe he is innocent cause u dont no please call the police if its nothing than nothing will happen but if its something something will happen and you and everyone will sleep better at night but just him being around your kids i would suggest that stop at all cost untill everything is investigated

    Answer by premiemom18 at 3:42 AM on Dec. 16, 2010

  • Yes call and have it checked out, If everything you said above is true! CALL the POLICE ...NOW

    Answer by Alta2008 at 8:15 PM on Dec. 16, 2010

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.