Are you a waitress?

Would a $20 tip be appreciated (for serving only one person who only bought lunch and asked for no extras) or just seen as a "cheap" large tip?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:53 PM on Dec. 15, 2010 in Food & Drink

• I was a server. Any tip is appreciated. A tip above and beyond 20 % is always great.
    dancinintherain

Answer by dancinintherain at 9:54 PM on Dec. 15, 2010

• If the lunch was inexpensive I would have had a huge grin on my face the rest of the day for a $20 tip for one person.
    sweet29mom

Answer by sweet29mom at 9:57 PM on Dec. 15, 2010

• I was a waitress & would have loved a $20 tip for an easy table. You never know, you might have just made her day!
    SaraBeth1204

Answer by SaraBeth1204 at 9:58 PM on Dec. 15, 2010

• I was a waitress for several years in college and a tip like that is always considered a day maker! there is nothing in this world when you are expecting a 3 dollar tip to open your bill fold and find something like 20 bucks! I once had a person leave me 100 this way.. I cried tears of joy!
    MamaJasmine

Answer by MamaJasmine at 9:58 PM on Dec. 15, 2010

• I worked as a waitress for many years and I would have LOVED to get a $20 tip on an easy table! Why do you ask btw?
    MommyH2

Answer by MommyH2 at 10:02 PM on Dec. 15, 2010

• I left one like that today. I wish I could have left more for the holidays (like $50 or $100) but couldn't. So I just wondered if the $20 would have been appreciated or not.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 10:03 PM on Dec. 15, 2010

• ABSOLUTELY im sure the waitress very much appreciated it.
    Most dont make but a few bucks an hour even with tips so it was probably very special.
    Sandyr911

Answer by Sandyr911 at 10:27 PM on Dec. 15, 2010

• I was a server for over 15 years and yes, I guarantee that the waitress spoke very highly of you all day and probably will for the next few weeks.

I'm sure you made her day and that it was greatly appreciated.
    Keilman1

Answer by Keilman1 at 12:04 AM on Dec. 16, 2010

• I would jump up and down for 20$$ !! I am only a waitress for my family now.
    chefjen

Answer by chefjen at 12:26 AM on Dec. 16, 2010

• I'm not now, but I was when I was younger. I'm sure it was a very appreciated tip. It was always nice when someone showed that they appreciated all you were doing. Being a waitress is a tough job!
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 12:26 AM on Dec. 16, 2010