Isolated

My fam are all in messed up relationships and my DH and I dnt have those kinds of probs (cheating, gambling, lying etc) so they think DH and I have the "perfect relationship" and I can feel the resentment and I feel isolated at times from my fam bc I got "lucky" to find my DH. Bt they dnt understand that our relationship is not perfect we argue and have our issues but the difference is that we deal with them together instead of advertising what the other person did wrong. IDK how to get that relationship back with my fam...

vjoaquin

Asked by vjoaquin at 10:03 PM on Dec. 15, 2010 in Relationships

• You might not. It took me a while to learn to deal with that. Once I realized that my family sort of thrive in their dysfunction, I had to let go and really just nurture my relationship with my husband, and then my children too. Sometimes it is better for us to love our families from a distance.
    misses_nick

Answer by misses_nick at 10:06 PM on Dec. 15, 2010

• Yes that is true and it usually doesn't bother me much but I don't have many friends, I always had my family to talk to and joke with and I miss it.
    vjoaquin

Comment by vjoaquin (original poster) at 10:08 PM on Dec. 15, 2010