Going out of town and leaving DH at home..

Any ideas of what I can make him to eat while I am gone? I will be gone 2 weeks visiting family for the holidays and he has to stay home... so far I am making him a meat lasagna and thinking of cooking him a chicken to use for sandwiches. If I don't cook for him I know he will eat ramen noodles for 2 weeks straight.. yuck!

MamaJasmine

Asked by MamaJasmine at 10:05 PM on Dec. 15, 2010 in Food & Drink

• Enchiladas keep well in the fridge and are great as left overs. You can leave him tupperware full of cooked cut up chicken and one with ground beef and make sure he has tortillas and such. Bag of bagels and eggs, that's easy to make.
    Orionsgirl

Answer by Orionsgirl at 10:12 PM on Dec. 15, 2010

• Do you have a Sam's Club or Costco membership? They have some pre-made meals that all you have to do is put it in the oven. They are probably big enough for 2-3 meals (depending on how much your husband eats). They are fairly inexpensive too.

JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 10:16 PM on Dec. 15, 2010

• I hope your husband is better than mine...in years past I would do all that preparation and he would just eat out or grab something on the way home, so I learned my lesson after that and left him on his own.
    Queenofscrap

Answer by Queenofscrap at 10:38 PM on Dec. 15, 2010

• Casseroles, chili, most soups etc can be pre-made and frozen so later he will just have to reheat them.
    My_3_Babies

Answer by My_3_Babies at 11:01 PM on Dec. 15, 2010

• You can buy a bag of frozen cooked meatballs at the grocery store. Make some with red sauce and leave some some french bread. All is has to do is microwave the meatballs with the sauce and put on the french bed to make meatball sandwiches. If he's feeling really ambitious, he can even add some mozzarella cheese to the sandwich and melt in the mircrowave.

You can also put the jarred brown gravy on some of them and leave a bag of cooked egg noodles. He can put the two together and warm in the microwave.
    Keilman1

Answer by Keilman1 at 11:58 PM on Dec. 15, 2010

• You can also make a pot roast in the slow cooker and then freeze into individual servings. It freezes well. He will just need to thaw and warm in the micro.
    Keilman1

Answer by Keilman1 at 11:59 PM on Dec. 15, 2010

• don't baby him!! he is a big boy- make him cook or fend for himself!!! Mine would even bother cooking the noodles. When I was layed up with a broken leg he couldnt do squat for me..... BS I say! Let hime eat waht he wants, It wont hurt!
    chefjen

Answer by chefjen at 12:28 AM on Dec. 16, 2010

• I am not babying him.. I am doing something nice for him since I am going to be in NYC and eating not only home cooked meals.. but gorging my self between deli and pizza place and getting canolli faced. And he will be home working and doing things around the house for me, like steam cleaning the carpets...And I am sorry that you and your spouse have such a sad relationship that you can't do anything nice for each other.
    MamaJasmine

Comment by MamaJasmine (original poster) at 9:02 AM on Dec. 16, 2010

• Lasagna, stuffed shells
    sstepph

Answer by sstepph at 9:07 AM on Dec. 16, 2010

• Homemade Chicken Pot Pie (extremely easy to make, freezes well, and easily 2-3 meals). Make a sauce, freezes great, again 2-3 meals. Make a pot roast....cut it up so he can use some for sandwiches (2 -3 meals) and then make beef stew out of the the remaining roast/potatoes/carrots (also freezes well, 2-3 meals). Buy a package of frozen biscuits to go with the beef stew...pop'em in the oven and voila....um....enchiladas freeze well and can be either nuked or oven heated. Lasagna freezes well.....

Wow, I hope you have a big freezer! =)
    mainemusicmaker

Answer by mainemusicmaker at 9:24 AM on Dec. 16, 2010