Have you or would you take regular Sudafed while pregnant?

I am 20 wks pregnant and have the worst cold/possible sinus infection. I cannot take it anymore as i have severe pressure/pain and cannot breathe at all. My doctor told me regular Sudafed is fine to take but have heard Sudafed PE is not and also mixed feelings on even regular Sudafed. What have you ladies been told by your doctors?

mylilboy00

Asked by mylilboy00 at 10:09 PM on Dec. 15, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I have when I got a really bad cold...the doctor said it was fine and I didn't read anything bad online...still do some research if you want but my son came out healthy and still is now (he's 4) so I say use that and a humidifier at night when u sleep
    canibalkittykat

Answer by canibalkittykat at 10:15 PM on Dec. 15, 2010

• I've heard what you have -- Sudafed is fine, but not PE. I did take Sudafed while pregnant when I really needed it, in moderation. Remember that just about all medications will have some risk of potential side effects. In most cases, that risk isn't great, but you have to decide for yourself.
    DragonRiderMD

Answer by DragonRiderMD at 10:23 PM on Dec. 15, 2010

• I did take Sudafed and it did not help me so I stopped. I had severe congestion for 3 1/2 months during my last pregnancy. The 2nd trimester was nooooo fun. I hope you clear up soon!
    khedy

Answer by khedy at 11:08 PM on Dec. 15, 2010

• I am 32 weeks and I just got over a sinus infection. The middle of the night and mornings were the worst. I took Benedryl and bought the Safety First 360 humidifier (it had the best reviews on Target.com). It helped a lot. After about a week and a half, I am better. Still a little phlegm, but no more itchy sore throat or runny nose. Try to cough up whatever you can! Good luck!!
    Kelli1012

Answer by Kelli1012 at 11:54 PM on Dec. 15, 2010

• We get binder of info 1st appointment, there is a list of medications ok to take, sudafed is on the list after 1st trimester, which 20 weeks u will be fine...Hope u feel better soon!!
    proudestmomma02

Answer by proudestmomma02 at 10:31 AM on Dec. 16, 2010