Delayed vs regular schedual for shots

My husband and I (and I'm sure most of you out there) got the shots we needed at the regular times and we both turned out fine. However, there seems to be a lot more recommended shots from 25-27 years ago.

Anyone want to give some definite insight to pros or cons to delayed or regular scheduling?

**edit**Our little one is very healthy (at our last appointment (appointment #2) they told us we could skip the next one because they were not concerned about him at all).

Laurenmommy918

Asked by Laurenmommy918 at 10:34 PM on Dec. 15, 2010 in Kids' Health

• bump
    mommy_2_be_2010

Answer by mommy_2_be_2010 at 10:35 PM on Dec. 15, 2010

• I did not start shots with my daughter until she was six mths old. My ped doc said that was fine. I also did one shot at a time. The MMR shot I did not give to her until she was 20 mths old. I would ask a lot of questions before she was getting them. I just felt better about doing it that way. Everybody is different, you have to really do what is best for you.
    sta517

Answer by sta517 at 10:41 PM on Dec. 15, 2010

• I can only give my opinion on this. Yes my son has autism. I have two other children that do not have autism. My son got his 2 and 4 month shot with only fever for 2 days. this is when my state used the little cards to write shot and date they had it on. He went back for his 6 month shots and they double dosed him because they hadnt written down his 4 mon shots. they refused to listen to me and double dosed him. He was in the hospital that night with seizures because of his high temp and completely nonresponsive ~their words~ . I never got my baby back. He is 13 now and we struggle every day. he went from a happy bubbly baby to a blank baby. I delayed my next two childrens shots simply by not taking them to appt and rescheduling. So i can only say if you don't feel comfortable ...delay if you feel better. but please if your child is sick or immune system is challenged or weak ~ dont get them please wait.
    harris4

Answer by harris4 at 10:48 PM on Dec. 15, 2010

• Shrug. My aunt is in the medical field and she's told me it's perfectly fine to vaccine on schedule, but it's okay if I want to delay too.
    Razelda

Answer by Razelda at 10:52 PM on Dec. 15, 2010

• And I'm in the medical field and I'm not comfortable with it. I agree with harris4, if you don't feel comfortable with it, don't do it. Don't listen to every medical person who gives you advice.
    Adelicious

Answer by Adelicious at 10:57 PM on Dec. 15, 2010

• I chose the standard schedule for different reasons. My son has done fine, with zero side effects.
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 11:05 PM on Dec. 15, 2010

• i dont vax at all but there is an educate before u vax group on here! the ladies are great a lot of them selectively vax they can give u a lot of info!! do ur research and decide wat is best for ur family!!
    Caroline2010

Answer by Caroline2010 at 11:06 PM on Dec. 15, 2010

• My son is vaccinated, but we spread them out. Do what feels right to you.
    TARARENEE

Answer by TARARENEE at 10:40 AM on Dec. 16, 2010

• You need to do what you feel is best. I chose to Vax my boys, and they had all the recommended vaccines on schedule. If you have doubts, or don't feel comfortable then I suggest you talk to your child's doctor about vaccines and about a delayed or selective vax schedule.  

MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 1:52 PM on Dec. 16, 2010

• I followed the regular schedule with my kids.
    cleanaturalady

Answer by cleanaturalady at 5:30 PM on Dec. 16, 2010