I can't try to communicate without it blowing up into a huge argument..

Everytime my SO and I try to talk out our problems it ends up in an even bigger fight. We can't communicate at all no matter how much we try to listen to one another. We never end up seeing the other one's point of view. What am I supposed to do?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:40 PM on Dec. 15, 2010 in Relationships

• Agree to disagree? I don't know if that's possible or not, but sometimes it's better to leave things alone for a while.
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 10:44 PM on Dec. 15, 2010

• Counseling. I think your situation is not so unusual.
    Adelicious

Answer by Adelicious at 10:52 PM on Dec. 15, 2010

• Sounds like me and my husband we cant ever talk things out cus either me or him get mad and start agruing dont worry mama your not the only one in this kind of situation but what ive learned to do is just tell him look i dont wanna fight i just wanna talk it out so you can either lower your voice and let me explain how i feel cus when its you trying to talk to me you want me to listen right ? and out of nowhere my husband will calm down and talk to me but if hes pissed off to the max where he doesnt wanna listen just leave the room and leave him alone for 30 mins to an hour and go back and talk it out trust me it always works for me . good luck mama :)
    alexia_09

Answer by alexia_09 at 10:56 PM on Dec. 15, 2010

• I am in the same boat here!!!
    ddleachman

Answer by ddleachman at 11:11 PM on Dec. 15, 2010

• Yes, a mediator, like a therapist.
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 11:15 PM on Dec. 15, 2010

• It's best to just cool off and drop it for awhile. Two animals tearing at each other's throats get nowhere, so walk away and discuss things at another time when you've had a breather. One piece of advice I once heard and it works, never hit below the belt w/insults and hold hands while you're discussing things. It makes a huge difference in the way things turn out. Best wishes!
    etexmom

Answer by etexmom at 11:19 PM on Dec. 15, 2010

• Maybe he's not ready to discuss it

Answer by admckenzie at 12:21 AM on Dec. 16, 2010