do you press your daughters hair?(pics)

both of my daughters have really thick,long and curly hair
that goes down to there butts i usually put 5 pony tails in it and they lasts up to 3 days and i usually let them go to the shop once a month but they haven't been in the last two months i cant really comb hair right now because i have nails on and it takes even longer and i was thinking about letting them get there hair straightened down since Christmas is coming up
so if you press your daughters hair how long does it usually last?
Photobucketmy youngest

Photobucket
my oldest
p.s)these pictures are old but there 6 and 8

LABELmeCUTE

Asked by LABELmeCUTE at 10:44 PM on Dec. 15, 2010 in General Parenting

• Answering the first question... No, I wouldn't. I think the curly hair is very adorable, and I don't agree with pressing or adding heat to children's hair unless it's for a very special occasion. GL
    Razelda

Answer by Razelda at 10:48 PM on Dec. 15, 2010

• I wouldn't. It's just more work, I would think. My SIL has taken her girls to the hair dresser since they were little. I totally don't understand it. The same SIL who is asking DH and I to bring our own food for New Years because they're "having a hard time". Ok, TOTALLY off topic! SORRY! LOL!
    Anonymous

• I have pressed my girls hair occasionally - its just alot of work for something that doesn't last long. I have four girls and only one has the really curly hair like your girls - I don't think I'd press her hair, I might take her to a salon to do it every now and then, it'd just be too mucch work for me and I love her curls, even though they are really difficult to maintain.
    tharealty2

Answer by tharealty2 at 10:53 PM on Dec. 15, 2010

• I would'nt. I think they are too young for that. I think your girls are beautiful.
    Iluvmy5

Answer by Iluvmy5 at 11:08 PM on Dec. 15, 2010

• thank you guys:)
    LABELmeCUTE

Comment by LABELmeCUTE (original poster) at 11:12 PM on Dec. 15, 2010