• In the Spotlight:

How do u tell ur SO how u want to be treated?

i love my BF he is the world to me, and the father of my kids. when we first started going out he treated me like i was the world! and now i want to be treated like that again..... i want flowers and love and little surprises every now and then... why does he have to wait til a holiday to give me something... that hurts.... if i meant so much to him and he loved me so much he should be able to buy me a gift when ever he wanted to it shouldnt have to be a holiday for him to do something nice for me. i just want some appreciation..... i have told him many times how i wanted..... and i think he thinks i want BIG gifts that need to be so extravagant... but that is not true.... if i were to just come home and see some flowers on the table with a little card.... i would cry. no words would be able to express how that made me feel. am i just being a hopeless romantic???

melissa089

Asked by melissa089 at 11:38 PM on Nov. 7, 2008 in Relationships

• i think all girls want that but sometimes men just get to busy to think that. what i would do is just get him a little something with a card that says how much you appreciate him. i have always heard that sometimes it has to start with you doing it first. once he feels that feeling when he sees that he will then know how you feel when you get treated like that. he will want to return he favor. granted it's not really out of the blue but maybe sometime down the road it will be.
    melody77

Answer by melody77 at 11:57 PM on Nov. 7, 2008

• I'm going to suggest that you read a book by Gary Chapman called "The Five Love Languages". Read it together if he'll go for it.
    SkyeGirl

Answer by SkyeGirl at 11:59 PM on Nov. 7, 2008

• Start treating him with unconditional respect. Trust me, it works. He'll start treating you like the queen that you are. Read this, it explains it so much better than I ever could, but I do speak from personal experience that this does work.

Love & Respect by Emerson Eggerichs
    feesharose

Answer by feesharose at 12:55 AM on Nov. 8, 2008

• How have you changed from when you first started? Do you give him less sex? Have you gained weight? Have you stopped taking care of yourself? Are the kids the only thing you ever talk to him about? Be the same person you were before children and he will be the same man.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:59 AM on Nov. 8, 2008

• Change happens, and I think we all know that. You change from being a young lady (this is just a random example) to wife, to mother, to whatever else you can fit in here....point is we change, we get comfortable and start exhibiting less of one emotion especially towards someone we see daily. Not saying you're being taken for granted, but maybe you can start him on the right path...give HIM little notes in his pocket, for example. Request a candlelit dinner (or whatever it is u guys are into romantically) one night of the week....just show him what you want from him!
    HotMommiesClub

Answer by HotMommiesClub at 8:42 AM on Nov. 8, 2008