Why do you get bloated when on your period ?

I always wondered why you get bloated while on my period i always look fat when im on my period and im really not is there nothing else you can take besides midol and tyenol for bloating it doesnt really help i think i may need something stronger not sure . any ideas ladies ?

alexia_09

Asked by alexia_09 at 10:46 PM on Dec. 15, 2010 in Health

• Having a healthy diet and drinking a gallon of water a day will help a LOT with the bloating! I can't remember the specific reason for bloating, but not eating right and being dehydrated play a big role. Eat lots of fruits and veggies, lean meats, whole grains and limit white flour and sugar and unhealthy fats (like butter, vegetable oil, etc).

Good luck!
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 11:17 PM on Dec. 15, 2010

• Bloating comes from the fact the liner of your uterus is slowly peeling off.
    laytonsmommy011

Answer by laytonsmommy011 at 11:27 PM on Dec. 15, 2010

• Laytonsmommy011 , is that normal for it to do that or do i need to get seen by a doctor .
    alexia_09

Comment by alexia_09 (original poster) at 11:28 PM on Dec. 15, 2010