Call back?

Is there anyone else out there that owns a ford that had a call back on the rear axle. I have one and I am supposed to take it in next Tuesday to either be sprayed or be fixed, which could take up to 3 months before getting it back. They informed me today that they will supply me with a rental car, but I may have to pay the $3 a day tax fees, and if I want to vehicle that my whole family will fit in I have to pay an additional $10 per day. That $390 a month for 3 months. Are they crazy? Has anyone else had to deal with this?

hodgkinrus6

Asked by hodgkinrus6 at 10:55 PM on Dec. 15, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• Oh gosh .sorry i not sure but that sounds ridiculous! Seriously!
    harris4

Answer by harris4 at 10:57 PM on Dec. 15, 2010

• Have you checked to see if there is a class action law suit? I would consult and attorney if you can, since the vehicle is faulty because Ford did something wrong, I don't see how they can expect you to pay for anything! I hope you can them to work with you!

Our car was paid for, so we only had liability coverage and another vehicle ran into us; we had to get full coverage which cost us $400.00, in order for the rental car to be covered by our insurance co. or pay $20.00 a day for their insurance. UGH!!! It took 4 months to get our car fixed!!!
    agentwanda

Answer by agentwanda at 2:45 AM on Dec. 16, 2010

• Nope, what kind of Ford do you have. We have a 2005 Escape I have not gotten anything.
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 8:57 AM on Dec. 16, 2010

• I looked it up and it's for the Windstar so no I haven't and won't get that notice. I'd call them and tell they you are not paying any of those costs. They will get away with whatever they can so you need to assert yourself.
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 9:01 AM on Dec. 16, 2010