Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

2 Bumps

What questions should I ask or what documents should I have when coming close to ending paying child support?

We still have atleast 2 yrs. but I want us to be prepared for the person who will handle this, who does handle this anyway we don't even know where to start :(

Thank you ladies for your input :)

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 11:03 PM on Dec. 15, 2010 in Just for Fun

Answers (4)
  • ask the judge who opened your case.

    Answer by proudmommy690 at 11:06 PM on Dec. 15, 2010

  • I would guess at the time support was started there was an agreement on when to stop. When that time comes I would stop paying.

    Answer by mom2queenie2004 at 11:07 PM on Dec. 15, 2010

  • if it's court ordered then u go to the family law sections in the county court house and show birth cert. showing the childs age. if you are paying to a child support agency they will stop automatically when the child reaches 18 on his/her birthday. you may have to continue of the child is a full time student. depends on your state. hope that helps.

    Answer by witchypoo1228 at 11:08 PM on Dec. 15, 2010

  • I would ask a cs lawer to find out if you cannot afford one most places have a "legal aide" place where you can get free/reduced legal advice

    Answer by ladysummeraire at 12:14 AM on Dec. 16, 2010

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.