my son seems out of contorl!!

my lilttle boy is two yrs old he does not listin to me at all...he screams al the time yelling if the tv goes on comercial from spongebob......he wont sleep in his baby bed he always climbs out he has been satyin up til 130am then i have to turn roun and get right back up with my one yr old......he wants things done a certain way all time his way we wont keep socks on or his clothes or diaper so now im tryin to potty train but his temper is what im worried bot i heard people say thay act how they see there parents act but we dont act like that lol i thought mabey it was mabey trying to get attention......because it sems as ever sence i had his brither he has just been mean he always fights for the attention and if im tryin to play with my youngest he comes and trys to take over and if im holdin him then he wants to be held mabey its jus jealousy?

Creasman

Asked by Creasman at 11:22 PM on Dec. 15, 2010 in General Parenting

• He's probably jealous and wants your attention. When your baby is asleep for nap during the day, take that time and give him some one-to-one attention that he probably wants. If he's going to bed that late, you probably should cut out nap time so he will go to bed earlier.
    amessageofhope

Answer by amessageofhope at 12:13 AM on Dec. 16, 2010

• Yeah it's definatley jealousy. I went through it with my children. I've learned that if I let the older child help me take care of the younger one and explain to the older one what a big help he is because his little brother can't do all the things he can and he needs help getting dressed and eating and taking a bath. The older one feels important and won't be as angry.
    Die4Jesus

Answer by Die4Jesus at 12:13 AM on Dec. 16, 2010

• I have a 3yr old and a 1.5 yr old and the 1.5 yr old will not do anything unless her sister does it if she drinks out a bottle or just staying up if she laughs she laughs everything is mimicked he just wants equal attention maybe you can set aside time to play with him while the 1yr old sleeps or watches tv and show him you still care maybe let him sleep in the bed with you on certain days if he behaves i always find if you give them 10mins of time its like the best thing good luck :)
    premiemom18

Answer by premiemom18 at 3:33 AM on Dec. 16, 2010

• Sounds like jealousy to me. I don't know what to suggest though since mine are still acting out and they are 8, 7, 5, 4, and 6 months old.
    momnstepmom

Answer by momnstepmom at 11:05 AM on Dec. 16, 2010

• Jealous or not, this boy is out of control! I agree negative attention is better than no attention...but you NEED to get a grip on him NOW. He screams...so what, take him to his room or a specific spot and let him scream. Don't talk to him, don't give him an ounce of attention for this kind of behavior. You will have to keep an eye on him every second of the day for a bit. This way if he starts to take off his clothes you can catch him and stop him. It will pass as long as you are strong and stick to your guns. The minute you let up, he will walk all over you again. You ARE the parent, you need to remember that. Right now the shortest one is calling all the shots...this is not a good picture. Read with him, play with him, but do NOT tollerate any fit pitching. I would not advise throwing potty training into the mix at this point. You have enough on your hands. Just take control NOW>
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 1:08 PM on Dec. 16, 2010