cant stand the pain!

I just had surgery yesterday and nothing seems to help the pain I've tried laying down walking around taking the meds heat Packs ice packs ah any other ideas?

Heidikans

Asked by Heidikans at 12:07 AM on Dec. 16, 2010 in Health

• What did they give you? You may have to have the doc call in something stronger.
    Orionsgirl

Answer by Orionsgirl at 12:12 AM on Dec. 16, 2010

• What kind of surgery?? If it's orthopedic ICE, ICE, ICE!!!!!!!Ice x 20 minutes.... let rewarm naturally, then ice again!! Heat can increase the pain!!

Crafty26

Answer by Crafty26 at 12:32 AM on Dec. 16, 2010

• It was an overian dermoid cyst
    Heidikans

Comment by Heidikans (original poster) at 12:35 AM on Dec. 16, 2010

• I hate to say it but your gonna just have to ride it out! I've had 20 surgery's & they were all abdomen/pelvic, you would think after 20 of them I could give you a better answer but I can't. The 1st day never really seems to bad because your still drugged. So a lot of people are suprised the next morning when they wake from the pain & can't walk. Day 2 & day 3 are always the worse, your gonna be pretty sore though for at least a week. Can I ask where they did your incisions? If you got one in the bellybutton, it usually hurts the worse because your clothes & everyting rub on it. You should also stick to ice even though docs say heat a lot of times, Crafty26 is right; the heat will cause more pain & you'll stay swollen longer. As long as you don't have fever, chills or red streaks though; you'll be ok. I know it hurts & sucks really bad, just hang in there for a few more days. Feel free to pm me, if you have more questions.
    Hope4Teal

Answer by Hope4Teal at 5:38 AM on Dec. 16, 2010

• I would rest for now and call dr if you are really in a world of pain and getting no relief.
    KTMOM

Answer by KTMOM at 6:17 PM on Dec. 17, 2010