My adult daughter (18) is like my new bff.

I am so loving this. HOw about you are you close to your adult children?

mmmegan38

Asked by mmmegan38 at 12:31 AM on Dec. 16, 2010 in Adult Children (18+)

• I am an adult child and I can say my mom is my best friend and has been for years I'm 24 and we have been close since I was little, I can tell you being close to my mom is the best thing ever, I have 2 kids and I hope I'm as close with my daughters as my mom and I are.And when your dd becomes a mommy you'll be even closer
    bree_gabys_mom

Answer by bree_gabys_mom at 12:56 AM on Dec. 16, 2010

• My mother and I are best friends. We have gotten closer over the years. My parents even live in a MIL's apartment in the back of our house.
    dmbutler

Answer by dmbutler at 1:09 AM on Dec. 16, 2010

• My mom and I have been like that since I was about 17.
    JLS2388

Answer by JLS2388 at 9:26 AM on Dec. 16, 2010

• Our adult sons (19, 20, 23 and 24) are very close to us and I would say that all of them would consider us to be their friendsas well as their parents. Three live away fom us and they call often. Last Friday our 19 and 24yo sons went out of town with us to a Jackyl concert in Cincinatti and loved hanging out with us. We have always been a close family and as they became adults and we were no longer authority figures our relationships with them shifted.
    tracylynnr67

Answer by tracylynnr67 at 11:38 AM on Dec. 16, 2010

• You are very, very fortunate, I cannot say the same.
    tasches

Answer by tasches at 5:45 PM on Dec. 16, 2010

• You are a very lucky mom.
    SweetLuci

Answer by SweetLuci at 7:41 AM on Dec. 17, 2010

• I am hoping that as my daughters age we will be close. Things are better, but having a good relationship with them is very important to me. I don't have a great one with my mom. But she is older now and things will never change. I have accepted that. So I work at making sure I do better for and with my girls.
    wallmom1

Answer by wallmom1 at 4:49 PM on Dec. 17, 2010

• Whilst I hope I'm friends with my children in their adult years my Best Friend is my best friend.
    Waxing_Lyrical

Answer by Waxing_Lyrical at 5:22 AM on Dec. 18, 2010

• It depends on what day you ask me. Some days I feel closer to my adult son than other days. He'll be at home for maybe another half a year to finish up at the junior college. We'll see what happens after that. He seems to be a "cross that bridge when you get there" kinda guy. I'm happy I have been able to have him here while he got his start in college.
    zboys

Answer by zboys at 11:09 PM on Dec. 19, 2010

• i am my son we like the same things football,nascarvand the wwe. my daughters and i no. we have nothing in common.
    stressedoutgran

Answer by stressedoutgran at 3:35 AM on Dec. 21, 2010