ok so after you have your baby.. vagina question? adult content

does your vagina go back to how it was before the baby, tighter, or looser?
and how does the first time haveing sex after the babys born feel?
im due in 5 weeks im jw; ill be so happy to be able to move :)

Rachelxbby

Asked by Rachelxbby at 12:38 AM on Dec. 16, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I think it gets tighter than it was before will thats what my husband said at least :)
    alexia_09

Answer by alexia_09 at 12:41 AM on Dec. 16, 2010

• well, yes it goes back..to a certain extent. It will depend on many variables, Like if you get an episitomy. I did on my first and then NOT on my second- wow, did that ever make recovery faster! But, as you age you lose muscle tone there as you do every where else. So, Do your Kegel excersizes!
    chefjen

Answer by chefjen at 12:43 AM on Dec. 16, 2010

• The vagina is a very elastic organ. It was designed to give birth and still be functional for sex afterward.

On diagrams it is shown as a tube, but it really is much more than that. Feel too the sides of it and you find pockets. It's more like H shaped than a tube, and the muscles of the pelvic floor are also very capable of bouncing back after birth. If vaginas were wrecked after childbirth then the human race wouldn't have lasted very long, right?

The way sex feels after childbirth depends a lot on how you birth, how long you wait, how any tears were repaired, whether you're breastfeeding, your partner's size, how gentle your partner is and your expectations. You can minimize tearing with certain positions (NOT flat on your back! be upright!), ask to have any tears repaired subdermally, use lubricant even if you aren't nursing until you lubricate well on your own, go gentle and have realistic expectations.
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 1:02 AM on Dec. 16, 2010

• for me We waited 2 months before we did it because I had stitches and was sensitive in that area for a while after. It felt the same for me it goes back to tightness. But never as it was before you give birth. I know people that are back at it 6 week later so everyone is different. I was so uncomfortable in the end like we all are but it was the best feeling ever to sleep on my side and have no baby pressing on ANYTHING its the best feeling not being pregnant anymore.. and of course holding your baby in your arms. Congrats and good luck! <3
    staciepi

Answer by staciepi at 12:44 AM on Dec. 16, 2010

• Mine went back to how it was, so says hubby LOL
    fairygurl91787

Answer by fairygurl91787 at 1:02 AM on Dec. 16, 2010

• Kegal up lol I think all our Hubbys are just making us feel better lol that's jmo
    Heidikans

Answer by Heidikans at 1:08 AM on Dec. 16, 2010

• Rachelxbby , lol how is that hot .
    alexia_09

Answer by alexia_09 at 12:43 AM on Dec. 16, 2010

• I've had 5 babies vaginally. 2 of them were over 10 pounds. No tears with the 10 pounders either. After all those kids, my vagina seems to be pretty much as it was 17 years ago.

:) That's a good thing!
    Roadfamily6now

Answer by Roadfamily6now at 2:42 AM on Dec. 16, 2010

• Mine feels the same to us. We did engage in intercourse a week after delivery (they don't recommend that) and it was a little pointless because I was still very numb. It depends on what kind of labor you have, though. With my first delivery, if I hadn't waited two months for intercourse, I think it would have hurt because I had stitches from small tears.
    HeartsCombined

Answer by HeartsCombined at 10:35 AM on Dec. 16, 2010

• I got smaller, and sex wasn't painful but it was fun and comfortable either... I have heard mixed opinions on what happens, so it seems to just really depend on your vagina to begin with.
    HMHUTSON

Answer by HMHUTSON at 11:06 PM on Dec. 16, 2010