Problem with female dog adult content

We recently rescued a dog, she was tied to a guard rail on the side of a mountain road with it snowing. There weren't any houses around and there was a drop off on the other side of the guard rail. Well she has been fixed but is leaking yellowish discharge. I have never had a female dog so I don't know if this is normal. She also smells funny because of down there even after bathing her. We don't have the money to take her to the vet, we weren't really prepared for a pet, but I just couldn't leave her. I was wondering if this was normal or what it could be or what I could do? I googled it but didn't really find anything helpful. Thanks!

kayaiden8907

Asked by kayaiden8907 at 12:41 AM on Dec. 16, 2010 in Pets

• Sounds like an infection, she needs to get on antibiotics most likely, how long ago was she spayed?
    spottedpony

Answer by spottedpony at 12:44 AM on Dec. 16, 2010

• I don't know, we found her, but she has the mark on her belly that she has been spayed.
    kayaiden8907

Comment by kayaiden8907 (original poster) at 12:45 AM on Dec. 16, 2010

• poor thing, she's lucky you came along. My family dog was abandoned too, and is the best dog we could ever want.
    sweet29mom

Answer by sweet29mom at 1:05 AM on Dec. 16, 2010

• We really like her. She is such a good dog, she is house trained and listens and is really gentle. She's a beagle. But since I'm expecting a baby and stuff we just can't afford to take her to the vet. So I'm trying to find some kind of home remedies to try.
    kayaiden8907

Comment by kayaiden8907 (original poster) at 1:07 AM on Dec. 16, 2010

• I have an unspayed female dog and she can get a little smelly now and then. It goes away after a day or two. If it doesn't go away on your dog you can try feeding her yogurt (like a home remedy for human female yeast infections), just make sure it's plain, unsweetened and don't give her a whole lot because it can cause diarrhea. Also a change in food can make a difference in her body chemistry. I would say if it isn't resolved within a week she definitely needs a vet.
    rhianna1708

Answer by rhianna1708 at 1:43 AM on Dec. 16, 2010

• I agree, you can only try the home remedies for so long. If she has a bad enough infection, she could die. Maybe if you call and explain to the vet, they will let you do a payment plan or write a post-dated check. Or maybe they will just let you bring in a urine sample to check her for an infection. Then you won't have to pay an office visit fee. I hope you are able to get her to feeling better soon. Thank you so much for saving her! :-)
    CollinBayleeMom

Answer by CollinBayleeMom at 11:08 AM on Dec. 16, 2010

• I am vet Tech and most commonly its a little bacteria infection, but those can lead to urinary tract infections or bladder infections.I'd recommend saving what money you can and have her seen.Try to keep her privates as clean as you can until then.
    amberfm

Answer by amberfm at 4:04 PM on Dec. 16, 2010