I want my husband to join the millitary

Is it bad for me to want my husband to join the millitary? He always complains about not having a real career. Or not being able to go to school, because we paid bills with his check. Its just an on going cycle that doesn't seem like it will ever end. Especially since his job only pays $9.60/hour he can't afford to take time off for school. I just think it would give him the opportunities he wants. We've talked about it before, and he's told me that he was going to out of high school. But then never said anything about it again. I also wanted to join the Marines but found out I'm not able to because of a seizure disorder. I want it to be his decision obviously, but also want to hint at him that I think it could be a good opportunity for him to change him life.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:44 AM on Dec. 16, 2010 in Relationships

• I agree with you, it has its benefits, and it sounds like he has not much to lose. However, most military are being deployed these days, so weigh that into your decision. And of course, it does have to be his decision and as frustrating as it might be if he turns it down, you will need to be able to handle that and find a plan B.
    spottedpony

Answer by spottedpony at 12:48 AM on Dec. 16, 2010

• With it being such a serious decision and commitment, it really needs to be something he actually wants to do and feels passionate about. There's nothing wrong with bringing it up and asking how he would feel about it, and letting him know that you'd be okay with it, but I really don't think anyone should be pushed into that kind of decision. So if you do talk about it just remember that there's a difference between discussing and pushing the issue - not that I'm implying you would push it, as I can't know since I don't know you, lol, I'm just saying. :)

My husband tried to join the Air Force this past year. Had gone through processing and everything (sworn in too) and was in the DEP program for 6 months before they dropped him because of a tattoo he's had since before he went to enlist. This Marine recruiter my family knows wants him bad, but he's not so sure he wants to do another branch, so I'm not pushing the issue. ;)
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 12:50 AM on Dec. 16, 2010

• First you really have to think about to the pros and cons and what is right for your family (Iam an Air Force wife have been for 3 years and hes gonna be in until retirement and is Currently Deployed)
    You really have to ask your self can you handle having your husband gone alot for long periods of time, My husbands been deployed for a while now and it is tough, But it really does have its benefits, I would say if you have a family join Air force it really does take care of family's.. My Dad was a marine and i experienced that and AF defintley offers more resources for wives and children dealing with deployments and that have financial struggles or what ever they really help a lot..
    But def make sure its a decision your certain of....& If you need more info or ever wanna talk more or have questions feel free to message me :) Good Luck and God Bless!
    DiandraBryant07

Answer by DiandraBryant07 at 2:10 AM on Dec. 16, 2010

• I would be scared to death
    lacyjay1987

Answer by lacyjay1987 at 10:57 AM on Dec. 16, 2010