Do they make the cribs with the foot release anymore???

So I keep looking for a crib with the drop side that releases with the foot rail and I cant ever find it. All I ever can find are the ones that take BOTH hands to undo the clips on top. These annoy me and I really would rather be able to let the rail down with one foot and one hand.

Do they even make these anymore? Were they dangerous or something? I need some information!

SaturnsMom

Asked by SaturnsMom at 12:44 AM on Dec. 16, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I think they just did ban drop side cribs this morning didn;t they?
    mommytoJames512

Answer by mommytoJames512 at 1:28 AM on Dec. 16, 2010

• Yes all drop side cribs are officially banned nationwide now.
    rhianna1708

Answer by rhianna1708 at 1:59 AM on Dec. 16, 2010

• i dont think they do
    san78

Answer by san78 at 6:48 AM on Dec. 16, 2010

• I loved my drip side and was very sad when we couldn't find one. I sleep with the crib right up to my bed so I can reach right in and the drop side was perfect with that side down. We couldn't get one so my hubby drilled new holes lower so we could permently lower that side till she is older.. It work but was sad we had to drill holes
    randilinn

Answer by randilinn at 8:40 AM on Dec. 16, 2010

• I loved my foot release drop side. I had to get one of those that takes both hands to drop when I had my 4th because I couldn't find the foot release, but I missed it!

Answer by missanc at 11:28 AM on Dec. 16, 2010

• sorry but they are now illegal. it seems sad to me. six of us kids grew up in the same drop side crib, four differnt grand kids grew up in it but they are deemed unsafe now
    mamak57

Answer by mamak57 at 4:25 PM on Dec. 16, 2010

• Nope and they just banned drop cribs too.
    countrygirl06

Answer by countrygirl06 at 3:52 AM on Dec. 18, 2010

• dont use drop sides .. theyre banned 4 good reason my son fell from one when he was 4 months old i hate them and are glad theyre illegal.
    Kittty_Katt

Answer by Kittty_Katt at 1:49 AM on Dec. 19, 2010