Does sex bother all teens this much?! adult content

Several CM women I know have teenage boys who they are having trouble with. ALL of the problems seem to stem from their boys overhearing them having sex. One kid is angry because "they can have sex in their room, why can't I?" One is just really embarrassed about hearing his mom and her boyfriend, but doesn't want to say anything, but it's so bad he wants to escape. One won't stop cursing around his mother because she looks down on cussing so much, but he overheard her talking REALLY dirty to a man she had just met.

Does it really bother all teens this much? And WHY does it bother them? Do they not understand that their parents are sexual people? Why is it so bad to be a sexual person to them? Do they not understand that it's healthy and normal? What is the basis of this disconnect in our culture here?

Ati_13

Asked by Ati_13 at 12:50 AM on Dec. 16, 2010 in General Parenting

• I think this is fairly normal especially if the guy is not the biological father. Sons tend to speak out with their moms because they want to be #1 in there book, not some outsider. It's all about attention! Bad or good.
    Kathy675

Answer by Kathy675 at 12:57 AM on Dec. 16, 2010

• I've heard my parents having sex and it disgusted me every time. But I agree with the previous poster; they need to get over it. However, I'd suggest to those parents who are especially loud or obvious, tone it down. Speaking from experience from the kid, NO CHILD wants to hear their parents doing the nasty. I still have nightmares.
    _Tam_

Answer by _Tam_ at 2:12 AM on Dec. 16, 2010

• But, hold up! I don't think they should be pitching a fit if it's monogamous, or a serious relationship. If mom is screwing every guy in town, I'd see how a teen would be embarassed.
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 2:04 AM on Dec. 16, 2010

• I think parents who are not together, like the bio-mom and bio-dad, should hold back on having sex with someone else, even in a monogamous relationship. Face it ladies, would you want your son or daughter having sex in your house? Personally, I would rather my children not hear me having sex, and they don't because DH and I do so whenever we can sneak one in, than to think that having sex is what someone is supposed to do whenever they go to bed. My steps bio-mom had sex with her bf all the time, and my steps started acting out the sexual content with each other and trying to get other kids to have sex with them as well. All this on the thought that since "mommy" gets to have sex all the time then they should too. Kids should not hear sex.Period. There are enough sexual content being shoved down our kids' gullet as it is, keep the bedroom stuff to a minimal.
    momnstepmom

Answer by momnstepmom at 10:50 AM on Dec. 16, 2010

• boys don't want their moms acting like a whore.
    gammie

Answer by gammie at 2:00 AM on Dec. 16, 2010

• Would you want to hear your parents having sex?!
    Lobelia

Answer by Lobelia at 12:58 AM on Dec. 16, 2010

• Lobelia, I walked in on my parents once and honestly it didn't bother me. I knew they had sex. I knew it was normal. It wasn't weird to me, it was like accidentally walking in on someone in the shower. Oops, you probably want some privacy, move on.
    Ati_13

Comment by Ati_13 (original poster) at 1:04 AM on Dec. 16, 2010

• ewww...That would bother me. Maybe not bother me, but i would be really uncomfortable.
    usdragonflies

Answer by usdragonflies at 1:19 AM on Dec. 16, 2010

• eww i heard my mother n her bf having sex, this was about 15yrs ago they werent being loud, i just happened to go knock on her door n heard a squeeking sound, the bed!!! Still creeps me out, as cheesy as it sounds df& i have sex when the kiddos are out or we go in our master bathroom,lol.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:17 AM on Dec. 16, 2010

• I'm an only child, so my parents only had sex once! lol I think of thinking of your parents having sex makes most uncomfortable! But the parents should demand respect, there is no excuse for the children's behavior. The parents should sit down and have a serious talk about sex!
    Austinsmom35

Answer by Austinsmom35 at 8:35 PM on Dec. 17, 2010