How do you get a 5 month old to hold own bottle?

Son is 5 months how do I get him to hold his own bottle, we work on it everyday but he refuses. Any help?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:23 AM on Nov. 8, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Just give it time. He'll figure it out. Try not to rush it, you'll miss these days someday!
    SamanthaAgain

Answer by SamanthaAgain at 12:31 AM on Nov. 8, 2008

• he will hold it when he's good and ready! lol! I've seen kids 9 and 10 mo old who refuse to hold the bottle. no biggie!
    bestmommyeber

Answer by bestmommyeber at 12:31 AM on Nov. 8, 2008

• my son is now 6 months old and he will only hold it Sometimes and if he cant see me he will drop it so i will come to him
    ldc90

Answer by ldc90 at 1:02 AM on Nov. 8, 2008

• Why are you in such a rush? Is it that hard to hold it for him?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:59 AM on Nov. 8, 2008

• My babys wouldnt hold there bottle all the way but if I was taking too long or doing something where I did not hold there bottle right they would grab the bottle at the bottom (I had the playtex disposable liner bottles) so the opening made it easier for there little hands. And by there 6th month I switched them to soft nippled sippy cups and they were littler and had handles they both did wonderful. I wouldnt rush them if there not ready . they will get the hang of it.
    MommaKee

Answer by MommaKee at 6:04 AM on Nov. 8, 2008

• Feeding time is an amazing time for just baby and caregiver. It is a basic need for proper development. Babies were designed to be held while being fed. Propping a bottle or having baby hold their own is a shame. Doesn't your child deserve the love and attention that is a given for most children? The thought that it is such a bother to hold a bottle to feed your own child shows a lot about the parent.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:58 AM on Nov. 8, 2008

• My oldest DD was 2 months when she was holding her own bottle and my youngest now 5 months and still not holding it.we call her our lazy baby but give it time they will do it on their own
    kaylajean86

Answer by kaylajean86 at 9:55 AM on Nov. 8, 2008

• my son has just turned 4 months and he can hold his, but I got him a Nuby bottle it has handles to help the process and it really works! He loves it
    luvsgriffin

Answer by luvsgriffin at 11:16 AM on Nov. 8, 2008

• just leave him alone he will do it when he is ready my dd didnt until she was 8m!!
    edgpag

Answer by edgpag at 11:26 AM on Nov. 8, 2008

• My daughter is 6 months and only holds her bottle sometimes, whenever she feels like it....why the rush? It only takes about 10 minutes to give your kid a bottle...
    CarolynBarnett

Answer by CarolynBarnett at 12:27 PM on Nov. 8, 2008