am a few weeks pregnant. is it ok 2 do sit ups until 3 months pregnant?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:56 AM on Dec. 16, 2010 in Pregnancy

• That is definitely a question I would ask a doctor, not just some random people on CafeMom. I would not, personally. I would find some alternate means of exercise that did not involve abdominal strain.
    FluffyMamaBunny

Answer by FluffyMamaBunny at 3:06 AM on Dec. 16, 2010

• Well i saw on msnbc this lady was 8months prego an workn out would i H** no but thats cuz im lazy lol u should ask a doctor everybodyy is diferent and can handle different things good luck :)
    premiemom18

Answer by premiemom18 at 4:59 AM on Dec. 16, 2010

• Definitely talk to your doctor. They will often encourage you to continue to get exercise at around the level that you were before you go pregnant, but usually will have you cut out abdominal exercises. And you shouldn't be doing squatting exercises either. Like I said, check with your doc and if you can, talk to a personal trainer to help you develop a workout routine to keep you healthy. A female one would be best, especially one that has studied in this area. I had a great gal when I was preggers with my first and she showed me exercises that I never knew even existed that were great for me.
    Also, after baby is born, I suggest walking. With my first I would put her in a carrier and would walk on a reasonably paced treadmill while hubby did his workouts. She was very fussy at night and I would go downstairs and walk with her for up to 2 hours at a time. She always would fall asleep and I was in shape!
    LadyKatya

Answer by LadyKatya at 7:31 AM on Dec. 16, 2010

• Any excerse routine that you established before pregnancy is generally safe to do while pregnant. Things like rock climbing or other extreme sports are a no-no.

I did sit ups until I got too big to sit up. But yu shouldn't start a fitness routine while pregnant. Only continue the one you had pre pregnancy, unless directed by a healthc are provider.
    ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 9:57 AM on Dec. 16, 2010