Would your partner getting overweight be a deal breaker to you?

Bashing not appreciated. Thanks.

Assuming he'd just let himself go and not do anything about it. Not due to medical reasons. You can call me shallow, but to me it would be. I've been on the edge to obesity most of my life and finally got down to a healthy weight a few years ago. I'm still absolutely disgusted by the way I used to treat myself and I will not have that sort of negativity in my life again. So if he grows big and doesn't do anything about it, I'd have a huge problem. I will not have my face bump into his belly while giving him a BJ (done that before, no fun). I'd try to let him down gently, but yes, definitely a deal breaker.

What about you?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:18 AM on Dec. 16, 2010 in Relationships

• i think i would leave him he is a dude he doesnt carry babies and if he cant lose the weight he will lose me :)
    premiemom18

Answer by premiemom18 at 4:23 AM on Dec. 16, 2010

• Nope! We're both overweight already so the question is kind of moot. LOL. But yeah, that's pretty shallow. If you're married, he's your husband, it's supposed to be through thick and thin. If he went to fat, then it would be your duty as his wife to HELP him to better himself.
    FluffyMamaBunny

Answer by FluffyMamaBunny at 3:22 AM on Dec. 16, 2010

• You should help your spouse to lose the weight just as you would help your spouse with any other issue. I would say to someone who divorces because someone pu on some weight that they were never in love for the real reasons.
    SweetLoveofMine

Answer by SweetLoveofMine at 4:16 AM on Dec. 16, 2010

• Not a deal breaker, I love my hubby to much!
    randibosin

Answer by randibosin at 5:27 AM on Dec. 16, 2010

• nope, i love my husband no matter his size. i would worry about his health and try to encourage him to lose weight. he stayed with me even when i got really big and then lost the weight so why would i leave him?
    tiffanyv123

Answer by tiffanyv123 at 8:44 AM on Dec. 16, 2010

• I'm not sure it's just being shallow but everyone also has types as well... Sometimes you fall out of love with someone, it's life.
    KitKatCadillac

Answer by KitKatCadillac at 3:38 AM on Dec. 16, 2010

• Idk when i was 21 i weight 121lbs n dated a guy who was 6'2& 300lbs.I didnt see him big,lol now 7yrs later im w/a guy who is 6'2 210lbs n its like whoa babe lose some weight, he has gained about 20-30lbs since we met, for some reason i cant see him getting bigger or at least i wouldnt like him to, but i myself have gained about a good 10-15lbs since& im 5'1 at 135lbs.
    gabby06

Answer by gabby06 at 3:57 AM on Dec. 16, 2010

• My husband is 6'5" and weighs 350 and he's always been that big so overweight isn't a dealbreaker for me. Health, however, is a big deal, so I do get where you're coming from. When my husband was diagnosed with pre-hyertension and had a worrisome blood sugar check, he immediately changed his diet and started to exercise. If he hadn't been proactive about his issues, I would have been upset with him.
    Fistandantalus

Answer by Fistandantalus at 7:39 AM on Dec. 16, 2010

• No I love my DH for who he is not his weight. If it were for health reasons then I would try to help him. But I am not so shallow that I would leave him for gaining weight. That is just childish and immature
    justgrape723

Answer by justgrape723 at 8:48 AM on Dec. 16, 2010

• Absolutely! It's not a matter of what I would accepts, it a matter of that men will do whatever it takes for a new conquest so why shouldn't they do the same for someone they already have? Let me give you an example...my husband refused to go shopping for new clothes. I asked him for 8 years at least and then last year all of a sudden he was like, "oh...I need new clothes, let's go shopping" and I happily went with him and helped him pick out some really, really nice stuff and he spent a fortune (my husband is the cheapest man alive, this should have been a dead giveaway). Well, guess what...the dirty bag was having an affair/relationship with some nasty cum dumpster and wanted to impress her. So you see, what he wouldn't do for me because he already had me, he was doing for someone that wasn't even good enough to be considered my boob sweat.
    ShouldHaveLeft

Answer by ShouldHaveLeft at 8:57 AM on Dec. 16, 2010