Is there currently ice/snow on your roads?

On the way home tonight dh was driving and I literally watched icicles form before my eyes on the side mirrors! And you could hear it freezing too. It sent chills down my spine. Dh is afraid to drive to work this morning(30 min drive) and I don't blame him. Good thing we have good brakes and all-wheel drive huh?

SweetLoveofMine

Asked by SweetLoveofMine at 3:19 AM on Dec. 16, 2010 in Travel

• We just started getting todays storm and it should last all night. I have to drive home after working the night shift and on nights like tonight, the plows and salt trucks NEVER make it out before I get off work, so it's always scary coming home when you can't see the roads or the lines because I am usually one of the first ones on our roads after the snow starts at night. We are supposed to get about 5-7 inches tonight with an ice storm behind that!
    Indyk

Answer by Indyk at 4:03 AM on Dec. 16, 2010

• I'm awaiting the snowfall here. I have a 3 hour drive home later today.... against the storm. I'm not looking forward to it and i'm even a little bit scared.
    KitKatCadillac

Answer by KitKatCadillac at 3:30 AM on Dec. 16, 2010

• Exactly :D It was fun when I was 5... but I didn't have to drive back then. Now I hate snow.
    KitKatCadillac

Answer by KitKatCadillac at 3:37 AM on Dec. 16, 2010

• Lol the town I lived in waited until the last second to report that they were delaying or closing school. So I would wake up and get ready for school only to find out that it was cancelled. Ughh... Snow snow snow.
    KitKatCadillac

Answer by KitKatCadillac at 3:44 AM on Dec. 16, 2010

• Um well here in louisiana it is almost 3 in the morning and 68 degrees right now. my children have only seen 1 inch of snow in their life.....send some of that our way! ...lol
    harris4

Answer by harris4 at 3:45 AM on Dec. 16, 2010

• I adore the cold. Unfortunately we only get a couple days of it!
    harris4

Answer by harris4 at 3:58 AM on Dec. 16, 2010

• Yesss I was so happy to move away from Idaho because I hated the cold winters but apparently Virginia isn't much better right now.
    KitKatCadillac

Answer by KitKatCadillac at 4:31 AM on Dec. 16, 2010

• Our roads were really bad last night. My husband works for the sheriff's department and he called to tell me not to go anywhere because there had been 30 wrecks last night in our small city. In fact, last night while I was on cafemom, I heard one right outside our apartment. I can see the interstate from my bedroom window and there was a really bad accident there. The roads are fine this morning though.

JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 9:38 AM on Dec. 16, 2010

• Yep. We're used to it. Doesn't phase me to go out and drive in/on it.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:25 AM on Dec. 16, 2010

• We currently have snow and ice on our roads. The worse right now is our driveway is an ice skating rink. We have a stream of water bubbling up from under ground on our gravel driveway and making ice on about a 40 ft section of our driveway so getting in and out of our driveway is fun.
    pbilotti

Answer by pbilotti at 10:46 AM on Dec. 16, 2010