Are they running away again???

http://www.politico.com/news/stories/1210/46334.html

When the Country figured out what a Liberal was, they ran away and renamed themselves Progressive, now that the Country knows what a Progressive is.....they run away and want "No Labels"
Is it painfully obvious to anyone else, this is just the latest pathetic attempt to rebrand left wing politics.

goodwitch399

Asked by goodwitch399 at 3:20 AM on Dec. 16, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• Yeah typical...global warming/climate change...terrorist/man made disaster...libs seem to like to change the packaging but the contents are still the same.
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 8:45 AM on Dec. 16, 2010

• The rate at which the progressive policies are failing, I would run away too.
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 7:09 AM on Dec. 16, 2010

• It's funny that the political affiliation KNOWN for slapping labels on people are the very ones who do not wish to be labeled! I think the word is IRONIC!! So clever are those sneaky little "prolibs" I never would have figured it out! NOT! LOL :o)
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 7:29 AM on Dec. 16, 2010

• I think there is an assumption that just because someone identifies more with one party than another that they subscribe completely to that one party's ideals. I think that's why there are so many Independents now. Those that like a few things from every party (not just the two biggest players). I know a few people that vote straight ticket, but a lot of people I know didn't go straight ticket this last go around (even though they are conservatives). I didn't either. I don't care about constituencies not wanting to be identified with either party, but candidates should be identified with a party so that voters know the basic ideals that they stand for. Politicians are clever little liars and if they have virtually no voting record then we have nothing to go on but their words, and as we all know those aren't worth a hill of beans.

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 8:31 AM on Dec. 16, 2010

• Yup.... again
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 8:55 AM on Dec. 16, 2010

• In the 1920's when the Communist party could  not get themselves elected to anything they changed their name to the progressives. It was not the liberals who changed their name.

The liberals are still the same and the progressives are still the socialist.

The socialist or progressives have taken over the democrat party from the liberals.

Natesmom507

Answer by Natesmom507 at 5:20 PM on Dec. 16, 2010

• Not sure but i just wanted to comment lol :)
    premiemom18

Answer by premiemom18 at 5:03 AM on Dec. 16, 2010