If you'd drop dead today, what would you leave behind that is significant to the world besides the children you raised?

Not diminishing the accomplishment, because everybody knows how much hard work goes into a healthy family life. But if we just take away family matters, what would your "footprint"on the world be?

BeachMom81

Asked by BeachMom81 at 3:22 AM on Dec. 16, 2010 in Just for Fun

• absolutely nothing
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:24 AM on Dec. 16, 2010

• But who cares if it's "just family" that remembers you once gone? Family matters more than anyone. I really don't care if there's no one that remembers me once gone other than family. I want my kids to say"She was the best mom ever, she put us first always and there was nothing she wouldn't do for us." I want dh to say(if he's still alive) that I was the best wife he could have had and that he was proud of me as a mother.
    SweetLoveofMine

Answer by SweetLoveofMine at 3:31 AM on Dec. 16, 2010

• probably nothing
    sweet29mom

Answer by sweet29mom at 3:23 AM on Dec. 16, 2010

• I guess the impression I leave on those who know me. And whatever my footprint is on the world wide web at that point, haha.
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 4:08 AM on Dec. 16, 2010

• Nothing. Nothing at all. No career, no real accomplishments. No real outstanding talents. Once I'm dead and gone, only my family and my closest friends will remember me. Once they're gone...it will be as though I never existed.
    FluffyMamaBunny

Answer by FluffyMamaBunny at 3:25 AM on Dec. 16, 2010

• I imagine nothing. I'm sahm and really only hang around my family. I do massive amounts of laundry and other housework a week so that dh can focus on work pretty much and relax at home other than helping with kids.
    SweetLoveofMine

Answer by SweetLoveofMine at 3:27 AM on Dec. 16, 2010

• Well I hope that if the plot of it's "a wonderful life" was thrown at me that I would have changed someone's life. That I made even a little bit of significance in someone's life.
    KitKatCadillac

Answer by KitKatCadillac at 3:28 AM on Dec. 16, 2010

• I'm a working mom, but even then I feel like I'm easy to replace. I believe everybody is. You see that a lot when people retire. So, bedsides two poems I wrote AGES AGO .... the principal of my school still likes to read them to the pupil when they hand out the diplomas ... I can't think of anything either.

BeachMom81

Comment by BeachMom81 (original poster) at 3:33 AM on Dec. 16, 2010

• I write poetry too, but I haven't had any really published yet.
    FluffyMamaBunny

Answer by FluffyMamaBunny at 3:39 AM on Dec. 16, 2010

• I've got a few publications under my belt, so I've done my little bit to move my field of research a little bit forward. That is nice to think about.
    Dr.Donna

Answer by Dr.Donna at 7:16 AM on Dec. 16, 2010