how long were you with SO

when he asked you to marry him?

me and SO have been together for 2 1/2 years so far and arent engaged yet

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:26 AM on Dec. 16, 2010 in Relationships

• my first husband...10 months. My current husband...we started talking about getting married after 3 or 4 months. He gave me a promise ring after 4 months, but didn't get my engagement ring and actually propose until 11 months. *shrugs* Some people are just slow, some people just don't like the concept of marriage.
    FluffyMamaBunny

Answer by FluffyMamaBunny at 3:30 AM on Dec. 16, 2010

• I was with DH for a year and a half but I know a couple that were together for ten years before they wound up getting married!
    Darla47

Answer by Darla47 at 3:35 AM on Dec. 16, 2010

• A month. I know I know, that sounds really bad. Think all you want though, we're going 8+ years happily married! When you know you just know. We didn't get married though for 3 years after the proposal due to $$. Didn't date anyone else the whole time, were happily engaged.
    SweetLoveofMine

Answer by SweetLoveofMine at 3:36 AM on Dec. 16, 2010

• About a year, oh and i asked him = ),we didnt start planning until just recently, were getting married this coming April& were going on 3yrs together in Jan
    gabby06

Answer by gabby06 at 3:41 AM on Dec. 16, 2010

• We were back together about 9 months before we got married, though he didn't really ask me to - unless you count him asking me to leave my ex and let him take care of me for the rest of my life when we were talking about getting back together... When the time came we just started talking about it and planned it within a matter of days and did it.

We go back to 6th grade, though, and have always known we wanted to be together. The ex was the boy I dated in high school while we were both too afraid to admit we still cared for each other after he moved back after breaking up with me to move away. We were "best friends" (DH and I, I mean) all through high school because of this being too afraid to say anything about still wanting to be together. So we knew, once the subject of us getting back together finally came up (8 years after we met and fell in love, lol) that it was a serious, this is it, kind of decision. :)
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 4:03 AM on Dec. 16, 2010

• Oh, and we've been back together just over 4 years, and married just under 3 1/2, with an almost 3 year old. :)
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 4:04 AM on Dec. 16, 2010

• And I was with the ex for 3 years - he proposed twice, lol. Though he cheated and lied and manipulated - which is why DH helped me to leave him ;)
    bandgeek521

• Bandgeek 521 u go girl!
    gabby06

Answer by gabby06 at 4:07 AM on Dec. 16, 2010

• 1 month away from 5 years and engaged at 3years of being together but no wedding bells yet :)
    premiemom18

Answer by premiemom18 at 4:22 AM on Dec. 16, 2010

• 28 minutes. Seriously, we were just friends, never dated or anything, one day out of the blue he asks me to marry him and we got married down at the courthouse 28 minutes later. We've been married 11 years now.
    Fistandantalus

Answer by Fistandantalus at 7:24 AM on Dec. 16, 2010