how can i get my cervix to dilate more

I'm expecting any day and i need my cervix to dilate more. my contractions are not coming hard enough to soften my cervix and walking does not help.

ebonytaylor

Asked by ebonytaylor at 3:53 AM on Dec. 16, 2010 in General Parenting

• Well having sex really does help! i think the semen breaks down cervix is what i was told. worked twice for me. Lavender in your bath also helps to relax /soften the cervix...so i've been told....hope it helps....boy i dont miss those days!....congratulations!!!!
    harris4

Answer by harris4 at 4:01 AM on Dec. 16, 2010

• When you get aroused then it releases oxytocin and that causes contractions. What sucks is the same thing happens when you breastfeed and your uterus starts cramping to shrink to its prebaby size. I suggest walking and sex. I did tons of that on my delivery day plus I went to Outback and had a lot of spicy food. Worked like a charm!
    SweetLoveofMine

Answer by SweetLoveofMine at 4:05 AM on Dec. 16, 2010

• HAVE ALLL THE SEX YOU CAN CAUSE ONCE THE BABY IS OUT SO ARE YOU LOL HAVE SEXXX GIRL :) GUDLUCK AND CONGRATS
    premiemom18

Answer by premiemom18 at 4:40 AM on Dec. 16, 2010

• Sex and walking!! Gl!
    randibosin

Answer by randibosin at 5:22 AM on Dec. 16, 2010

• Lots and lots and lots of sex, walking, nipple stimulation 

angelluvgoddess

Answer by angelluvgoddess at 6:42 AM on Dec. 16, 2010

• Then obviously baby just isn't quite ready to come out. Give it time. You don't have to worry unless your water breaks and baby doens't come out within 24 hours.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:24 AM on Dec. 16, 2010

• Yes of course have sex thats how my first child got here and also walk thats what i did with my son and if u can try to walk fast if u need to catch ur breath do that and try it again because when my son came he just slide right on out
    MamaladyK

Answer by MamaladyK at 12:05 PM on Dec. 17, 2010

• Sex and nipple stimulation was the advice of my OB.
    Austinsmom35

Answer by Austinsmom35 at 6:11 PM on Dec. 17, 2010

• Thanks every. but sex not seeming to work and my husband is scared to because he think heWill hurt the baby. frustrating.
    ebonytaylor

Comment by ebonytaylor (original poster) at 3:47 AM on Dec. 19, 2010

ebonytaylor