is it ok to let a 4 yr old NOT LEARN because she is too lazy?

My Aunt says her 4yr old cant speak clear english an doesnt understand simple things because she is too lazy to answer correctly or too lazy to learn!
I personally think if she is too lazy now than when will she not be lazy?
Is it ok to just let her be incompetent?

premiemom18

Asked by premiemom18 at 4:21 AM on Dec. 16, 2010 in Parenting Debate

• Children know when they aren't interested, just like ...do we all like to eat chocolate cake? Those of us who don't like chocolate cake will choose another type of cake, but it's their choice.
    It is really up to them what they are getting and how quick they get it. Our children are learners in yearly to yearly increments, so I know if they don't get it now , it is going to be offered again and again.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:29 AM on Dec. 16, 2010

• They can be slow learners or appear to be not good at some things, but that 's normal, really. Nobody at all has ever had perfect children. Usually bribes are given to some children that I'd understood to be real geniuses, and later on I'd learned they had some material gain from learning some things. Then again kids are smart to that, and get lazy due to being bribed. So why not just give your child a little treat some times when she does learn, but not over do it'.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:26 AM on Dec. 16, 2010

• She is my aunts daughter and ive tried giving her gummy vitamins (i tell her its candy) if she will tell me how old she is or take a shower or put her shoes on and 1 days she is 4 the next day 1 so i just want her to not feel like no1 pays her attention but i dnt want to pressure her to be a smarty pants
    premiemom18

Comment by premiemom18 (original poster) at 4:29 AM on Dec. 16, 2010

• OH. Ok, I see the picture, I've had that happen also. My own family has children and when kids are just doing the same things over and over, then not appear to be interested....it's because they are learning some new thing and getting ''neat + new" ideas. It's good they are like this and it's very smart of them. These qualities in children show they are either learning by playing or harvesting different patterns of behavior. It is cookie~cutter how kids will -all- learn.
    Reap happiness in how special she is. The love is never ending
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:35 AM on Dec. 16, 2010