What is your ideal delivery?

SweetLoveofMine

Asked by SweetLoveofMine at 4:48 AM on Dec. 16, 2010 in Pregnancy

• The ideal is where your own body is in charge and interventions are only used if EVIDINCE BASED. That means that your provider is taking cues from your labor, not procedures, policies, personal opinion, time constraints, etc.

And randibosin, if you are pregnant, you are a candidate for a vbac. There are very few reasons that a woman could not *at least* have a trial of labor. If you really want to avoid all the interventions of last time, please look into your options more. Birth is awesome, and worth fighting for.

"If you don't know your options, you don't have any"

squish

Answer by squish at 6:39 AM on Dec. 16, 2010

• ALL NATURAL - i had 2 1 with epidural an was 4lbs 8ounce and the 2cd without an was 7lbs 8ounces same pain but the second one i was cut and i didnt have spray everytime i went potty natural is best :)
    premiemom18

Answer by premiemom18 at 4:56 AM on Dec. 16, 2010

• Vaginal...I was in labor for 27:5 hours and then ended up in a c-section...im having another c-section with this one so I wont get my "ideal"
    randibosin

Answer by randibosin at 5:20 AM on Dec. 16, 2010

• My ideal labor is where baby and mom come out of it healthy. I delivered vaginally w/o meds the first time and had to have a c-section the second time. For all the people who say you don't have to have a c-section yes sometimes you do, but it was all worth it because both my children are healthy.
    SweetOrangeMama

Answer by SweetOrangeMama at 9:00 AM on Dec. 16, 2010

• My ideal deliver is one where the baby comes out healthy and the mom is doing good:) In the grande sceme of things, that is ALL that matters.
    worriedmommy600

Answer by worriedmommy600 at 9:04 AM on Dec. 16, 2010

• SweetOrange....I pretty much said the same thing you did, lol. How funny is that:)
    worriedmommy600

Answer by worriedmommy600 at 9:06 AM on Dec. 16, 2010

• Honestly, my delivery with my son was as perfect as I could ask for. Got an epidural almost as late as I could, slept a little while, they told me it was time, and 30 minutes later there he was. No real complications, no real issues. He was healthy and we were happy, so I guess that's ideal for me. :)
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 9:35 AM on Dec. 16, 2010

• I had a perfect birth. I was at home in a water tub. It was quiet. I did Hypnobirthing and I was very comfortable. When my daughter came up out of the water she was calm and alert and looking around. No crying. we delayed clamping her cord so she got all of her blood. DH was there to hold her while I got out of the tub. I know she came into the world in a safe way that showed her how loved she is.
    ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 9:54 AM on Dec. 16, 2010