Why do people think they can drive like normal on roads that have ice/snow?

Like seriously! Last night on the way home it was pretty much black ice in various spots and dh was driving with myself and 2 yr old dd in the back in a car and this jacked-up truck comes flying up behind us and we heard their tires skid and what was bad was we were at a red light! Dh said the whole time as the truck was flying up to us that if the light didn't change to green in the next second he was running the red light(no other cars there) because if not the truck would be our suppository and glass would be shattered and probably cut dd's face at the very least. Lucky for the other driver the light changed in time.

SweetLoveofMine

Asked by SweetLoveofMine at 4:59 AM on Dec. 16, 2010 in Travel

• I know what you mean......along with wondering why people don't turn their headlights on when it's snowing or low visibility........that's so freaking annoying.
    jucyfrut

Answer by jucyfrut at 8:42 PM on Dec. 26, 2010

• LOL, but there are the people who are the opposite, and think that they have to drive five miles an hour because it rained three days ago.
    SWasson

Answer by SWasson at 8:27 AM on Dec. 16, 2010

• No clue. I think sometimes people forget that 4x4 doesn't work on ice!
    fallnangel3

Answer by fallnangel3 at 5:17 AM on Dec. 16, 2010

• idiots
    chefjen

Answer by chefjen at 11:51 AM on Dec. 16, 2010

• Snow and ice are no joke! I live in MN and every year it never fails! A-holes drive 70 mph and pass people when it's total white out and you can barley see ten feet in front of you!! Then they wonder why the hell they are stuck in a ditch two miles up the road. I've also seen people cut others off and they get hit because you can't break the same on ice.
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 11:54 AM on Dec. 16, 2010

• Inexperience and idiocy ....
    tasches

Answer by tasches at 2:15 PM on Dec. 16, 2010

• Just crazy and have no concern for themselves or others I guess. Also, they never think it can happen to them, it hasn't so far...just crazy.
    SweetLuci

Answer by SweetLuci at 10:10 AM on Dec. 17, 2010

• crazy i know!
    san78

Answer by san78 at 12:12 PM on Dec. 17, 2010

• because people dnt use there heads sometimes.Snow and ice r no match for even the best drivers.You neva knw what lies ahead of you on the road whn weather is bad.
    carisa368

Answer by carisa368 at 12:48 PM on Dec. 17, 2010

• because in general most drivers feel they are right when driving.
    devtdbosombuddy

Answer by devtdbosombuddy at 3:21 PM on Dec. 17, 2010