head hurts?

33 weeks and yesterday woke up with a killer headache and then had 5 more. They were awful, like close my eyes and don't move headaches. Im hoping today wont be the same but just in case any advice (aside from tylenol) thanks!

randibosin

Asked by randibosin at 5:46 AM on Dec. 16, 2010 in Pregnancy

• This sounds like a really bad migraine. I've had a few in my lifetime but I have an older sister who suffers from them regularly. What we've both found to be incredibly useful are: hot showers (sometimes even with the light off because the light usually makes the pain worse), take a hot wash cloth and place it on your head, try using a heating pad for the pain (LOW HEAT), Excedrin Migraine is pretty powerful but it contains a lot of caffeine, so if you have a sensitivity to caffeine maybe you shouldn't take it because it may make you jittery. Apply pressure to the pain slightly, for example if your temple is bothering you tremendously, lay down on that side to keep the pain from throbbing. I hope these help you! I have felt your pain! It can bring you to tears.
    txsgal

Answer by txsgal at 9:14 AM on Dec. 16, 2010

• Sorry I dont know how true this is but I have been told that if you can get someone to massage your toes it will release the pressure from a headache. Worth a shot I guess, plus who dont look foot massages.
    bdiane34

Answer by bdiane34 at 5:58 AM on Dec. 16, 2010

• Sniff cayenne pepper. It will cause the blood vessels to open up and knocks out a migraine.
    ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 9:49 AM on Dec. 16, 2010