Gift Ideas for MIL

Alright so it's gonna be christmas, and i have to get my MIL a gift. I have been giving her Christmas, Mother's Day and Birthday gifts for years, and she has never given me shit in return. But that is besides the point.

I have no idea what to get her, I wanted to get her like a pretty glass platter or bowl (my hubby said no) Wine glasses( my hubby said no) ( She drinks and it bothers him) Then i gave up and said a gift card ( My hubby said no to that too) I am at the end of my rope with this. I don't care for her at all!!! and spending money on her is the last thing i ever wanted to do!!! But i need some Ideas. Time is running out!!

EttaMay

Asked by EttaMay at 6:46 AM on Dec. 16, 2010 in Shopping

• Since your hubby has rejected all your ideas, it's time for him to select his mother's gift himself. Actually, he should have been doing it all along, but you really need to pass this torch to him and let him figure it out. If he comes up with nothing, then that is what she gets this year for Christmas.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 8:18 AM on Dec. 16, 2010

• How much do you want to spend? You could get her a pandora or camilla type bracelet and put a bead on it...then you can add to it for each occasion. That is, if she like jewelry.
    MommyH2

Answer by MommyH2 at 6:48 AM on Dec. 16, 2010

• The Pandora bracelet is way to nice for her!!! I wanna keep my spending between $35-$50 bucks
    EttaMay

Comment by EttaMay (original poster) at 6:51 AM on Dec. 16, 2010

• I would ask hubby what he thinks. If he is saying no to everything that you suggest and it is his mother then I would ask him. My MIL likes to bake so we got her some spices and baking stuff. It sounds silly almost although that is what she likes.

Good Luck!
    cornflakegirl3

Answer by cornflakegirl3 at 7:16 AM on Dec. 16, 2010

• Tell your hubby to buy her a gift.
    Anna92464

Answer by Anna92464 at 7:34 AM on Dec. 16, 2010

• What about flowers? I get a Christmas table centerpiece each year from my kids. Love it.
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 7:55 AM on Dec. 16, 2010

• What about getting a picture taken of all your children and put it on either a Christmas plate, ornament, 12 month calendar (you can also use pictures other pics for the months that your mom and your children are in together. A nice personalized coffee mug. The ideas are endless. Walmart gives a bunch of ideas.
    AmyLynn5398

Answer by AmyLynn5398 at 8:27 AM on Dec. 16, 2010

• what about some nice bath soaps? everyone has to be clean right? or a nice yankee candle set? so to a gift type store like one that pop up in the middle of malls this time of year and some thing may come to you .........better yet like someone else said make your DH buy his mothers gift this year.......
    cara124

Answer by cara124 at 9:02 AM on Dec. 16, 2010

• Maybe put together a photo album of the family. MAybe like some of the others said if he is not satisfied with any of your ideas then let him do it.
    arenad

Answer by arenad at 9:16 AM on Dec. 16, 2010

• Mine should get coal because she is so rude and disrespectfull to me but for yours get her a gift card to her favor store or place her likes to eat or have your husband get her something.

LoriAnn87

Answer by LoriAnn87 at 11:18 AM on Dec. 16, 2010