If you were composing a letter to your so, what would you say to show your support during a tough time of addiciton?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:09 AM on Dec. 16, 2010 in Relationships

• I am going through the same situation. I have written one long letter but I also leave him little notes (often). I leave them where he will find them randomly (truck, sock drawer, coat pocket, tool box etc....) Some have said Love you, The kids and I want you in our lives, you are a great man that has just made bad decesions, I will always be here, I believe in you etc... He aways thanks me and tells me they made all the difference in his day. Good luck, I hope he does what it takes to beat his addiction.
    J.P

Answer by J.P at 1:33 PM on Dec. 16, 2010

• I would tell him that he is so capable of beating the addiction and that all he had to do was want it really bad, and that I would be there supporting him every step of the way to make sure he stayed on track. Explaining to him how liberating it would be to take control of his life once again.

Answer by older at 8:11 AM on Dec. 16, 2010

• I think it depends on which addiction and how often or where the groups on the subject were out there for attending to get over it together with opening up to others. Sometimes one on one counseling is good, ( I'd mention that.)
    Just keep your routine really. He would need to get this one if or when it was meant to happen for himself.
    Growing away from an addiction is replacement oriented anyway.
    Replacement with techniques given out at a seminar, counselors, classes, meetings.--church etc.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:18 AM on Dec. 16, 2010

• I would tell him how the addiction is not worth it and great it will feel for him to finally feel emotions again and to be able to gain control of his life again. I would tell him how important he is to me and how much I love him and that I will be there for him every step of the way. I would also tell him how important it is that he wants it for himself, the doctors, family members and everyone else in his life want him to get better but can't do it for him. He has to want it and has to work for it. Best of luck to you and your spouse. I hope that he gets the help that he needs.
    Codysmom2106

Answer by Codysmom2106 at 8:56 AM on Dec. 16, 2010

• Is the spouse included in with the counseling?
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 8:20 AM on Dec. 16, 2010

• Codysmom that was so nice to say.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 9:16 AM on Dec. 16, 2010