Why does he do this?

Why do people just start talking and asking questions when you're clearly in the middle of something?

Its flusters me so much and irritates me. I feel like I gotta hurry thru what I'm doing so I don't get interupted.

I try to ask them to wait and they get all offended.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:21 AM on Dec. 16, 2010 in Relationships

• Brush him away and tell him you in the middle of something you will get to him in amoment if he dont like it tell him to sit on it
    lacyjay1987

Answer by lacyjay1987 at 10:42 AM on Dec. 16, 2010

• You teach people how to treat you.
    tiddliwinks

Answer by tiddliwinks at 8:23 AM on Dec. 16, 2010

• Just tell them you are in the middle of something and you will answer them when you are finished. Then go ahead and finish your task and answer the question.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 8:25 AM on Dec. 16, 2010

• When that happens to me, i usually get sarcast & talk really loud & say "i wasn't finished yet" with a smile on mu face (also depends on who is talking over you, some people can't take sarcasm) sometimes you just have to show people they are being rude.

If you don't feel like being sarcastic, just say nicely, "excuse me, but i was not finished". This usually will make them feel kind of bad for realizing they rudely interrupted.

It's true that sometimes you have to teach people how to treat you.
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 8:41 AM on Dec. 16, 2010

• Ignore him until you are done. grunt at him, roll your eyes at him. Yes it is that easy. Why should you get flustered? Because he is the alpha dog and you are low on the totum pole. I don't think so. Grunt at him. seriously, it will work.
    LoveMyDog

Answer by LoveMyDog at 8:34 AM on Dec. 16, 2010

• If it's constant it's dragging on the emotions and it would if the tables were reversed, so tell that person next time you do this I'm going to wake you up out of your sleep and ask you 5 questions in a row! (of course not really)
    Watch their face as you say this afterwards.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:38 AM on Dec. 16, 2010

• My hubby is famous for this!! From the time he gets off work, all through dinner, and a while after the kids lay down he doesn't have much to say. I ask him how his day has been and he says "Oh it was alright. Kinda boring".. then the minute I pick up one of my books for school or my phone rings he magically thinks of something that happened earlier in the day that he just HAS to tell me! Usually I just tell him "I've been right here for the past 4 hours and you haven't had ANYTHING to say. Can we finish this conversation when I am done with what I am doing? Thanks" lol Sometimes he gets all pouty about it but oooooh wellll
    Ctink8189

Answer by Ctink8189 at 8:53 AM on Dec. 16, 2010

• lol I'm not even sure he does it on purpose.. I think maybe he's either scatterbrained, or just too tired when he gets home to want to talk or something. Whatever the reason may be.. I need MY time.. so shew fly go away lol
    Ctink8189

Answer by Ctink8189 at 9:04 AM on Dec. 16, 2010

• My kids do that alllll the time. I give them "the look" and they back off. That doesn't really work too well on husbands though. :)
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 9:04 AM on Dec. 16, 2010

• were it was that easy, NannyB ;-)
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 8:26 AM on Dec. 16, 2010